Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 04:26   #1

Research concluded - booked Fiesta zxi

Hi guys,
after months of research, a lot of test driving, a lot of reading through Team Bhp I've finally decided on my car. The Ford Fiesta ZXI! Paprika red.
I wish to thank vnabhi, who tipped the balance from Linea to Fiesta, Shajufx for his continuous update on his Morello zxi buy, and gksunil with whom I more or less agreed upon on almost all issues.
The car's due to arrive in a couple of days and I've got butterflies in my stomach. I haven't seen a paprika red in flesh yet but the pictures are lovely. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the bright orangish red of the old Santro
Old 13th August 2009, 11:50   #2
BHPian

Congrats zaxis - As the owner of Ford Fiesta myself, I know you will love driving it. It is a pure drivers car!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:18   #3
BHPian

hey zaxis, congrats buddy!! my fiesta's due to arrive later today!! so, thats fiesta number 4 in July-Aug 09 on T-BHP alone!!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:23   #4
BHPian

Congrats zaxis!!!! One question: why the 'sad' emoticon with the title?
Old 15th August 2009, 15:44   #5

research concluded

My car has finally arrived ! And what a car! Boy O boy !
The test drives were nothing. You got to take this baby for a spin on the highway to see what she can really do ! And Paprika red...... I LOVE IT!
All my apprehensions, waiting and tension, vapourised just like that!
Guess I didn't get a real good look at it during my test drives.
I'll post the pics as soon as I download them from my camera.
I drove down from Hubli to Kaiga about 220 Kms of beautiful highway. As is normally the case the delivery was given at 18:00 so most of my drive was in the dark. But it was like flying a plane.
I loved every thing about the car, except one...the driver's seat is small .. I dont mean width, but the length, so there is not sufficient support for the thigh. As a result my legs started aching after about a couple of hours. Can anybody give me a solution for this ? An improvisation on the seat ?. Perhaps.. some attachment to extend the seat forward..
Thanks a lot guys!
Old 16th August 2009, 16:58   #6

research concluded

Congrats Raamki ! I hope you must have got your fiesta by now. What's your colour ?
I changed my tyres upon delivery to Michellin. Costed me 9750 for exchange of five. The sound profing of the car was good but what the change of tyre did to the road noise is amazing. You've got to drive, and try listening to believe me.
Anurag, the sad emoticon is misplaced.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:14   #7
BHPian

Depending of which model of the Zxi you have. If you have the 1.6 Zxi, it has a "drivers seat height adjuster" control. Try raising the height of the seat slightly, it may change your posture a bit and alleviate the need for the attachment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed