Team-BHP - Hello
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/63747-hello.html)

Hi all,

After 4 years of surfing this site almost daily I finally decided to register myself a few weeks back.
The motivation to register was the plethora of information the Ato Z of all cars, driving, safety etc..

BY nature I am an adventurer, passionate about life in general. A few of my hobbies include cycling(mountain biking), off roading (on my bullet & Firefox; just bought a gypsy king 2000, 3 days back, will start a new thread appropriately), trekking, swimming, paragliding (finally managed to kickstart by course & finish of with the first level 5 months back). Gizmos, gadgets & technology also give me a thrill.

I currently possess the following toys:
Pulsar 180 2001
Bullet Electra 2008
Swift Petrol vxi, 2007
Gypsy King MPFI, 2000 (Hard top)

Would love to interact with all you guys & Gurus on & off this site.

Regards

Nice garage, especially the Gypsy and the Bullet. Welcome to Team-BHP Rossi! Seeing that you have a thing for adventure, joining in on all the Mumbai offroad action would be a good place to start.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section, just once, for familiarisation.

Welcome to T-BHP, your screen made sure I read your introduction, nice collection you have there.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Will definately be a part of the Mumbai off road action once my gypsy gets done up.

very nice to meet you. great introductory note!
welcome aboard and enjoy our little online community here.
which firefox do you have? I ask because I recently bought one too - the 2.6 Dart and am enjoying my early morning rambles on it.
cheers:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossi (Post 1437495)
Hi all,

After 4 years of surfing this site almost daily I finally decided to register myself a few weeks back.
The motivation to register was the plethora of information the Ato Z of all cars, driving, safety etc..

BY nature I am an adventurer, passionate about life in general. A few of my hobbies include cycling(mountain biking), off roading (on my bullet & Firefox; just bought a gypsy king 2000, 3 days back, will start a new thread appropriately), trekking, swimming, paragliding (finally managed to kickstart by course & finish of with the first level 5 months back). Gizmos, gadgets & technology also give me a thrill.

I currently possess the following toys:
Pulsar 180 2001
Bullet Electra 2008
Swift Petrol vxi, 2007
Gypsy King MPFI, 2000 (Hard top)

Would love to interact with all you guys & Gurus on & off this site.

Regards

@Shankar: Many thanks for the warm welcome. I own a Firefox edge "full sused", ride it in the late evenings & on weekends with my biking group. The Suspension really helps in preventing the bumps to hurt where it shouldnt :) lol!

The Dart is a very good off roading bike too. The initial suspension might be a tad hard but softens as you use it.

good. just got back from the morning 5-6 km chukker - firefox is fun.
but im seeing that somewhere in the front while riding (especially on a slight downhill incline) it makes a slightly squeaky noise as if something is rubbing against the wheel - tyre - checked the brakes and all those fiddly things in front - cannot figure out what it is.
any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossi (Post 1442495)
@Shankar: Many thanks for the warm welcome. I own a Firefox edge "full sused", ride it in the late evenings & on weekends with my biking group. The Suspension really helps in preventing the bumps to hurt where it shouldnt :) lol!

The Dart is a very good off roading bike too. The initial suspension might be a tad hard but softens as you use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1442782)
good. just got back from the morning 5-6 km chukker - firefox is fun.
but im seeing that somewhere in the front while riding (especially on a slight downhill incline) it makes a slightly squeaky noise as if something is rubbing against the wheel - tyre - checked the brakes and all those fiddly things in front - cannot figure out what it is.
any ideas?

Try re-checking the brake pads, they may not be dis-engaging properly. Also re-look at the rim...

Hello Rossi, Please post snaps of your gypsy. Any modifications?

@BRS: Am going to start a seperate thread for my Gypsy this week. All pics & mods will be uploaded soon. Right now in the process of getting restored. :)

thanks will do this.
probably loosen them up a bit more than already done
and possibly put some oil into the gear/chain drive area near the pedals - lets see if it helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossi (Post 1445880)
Try re-checking the brake pads, they may not be dis-engaging properly. Also re-look at the rim...

@Shankar: Register on cyclist.in. Plethora of information advise & adventure!
@BRS: New thread started by me on The King!