Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 18:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Long pending introduction

A warm hello to all fellow Team-BHPians,

I have been a Team-BHP member for over 6 months now, so I felt that this introduction was long pending from my side.

In Jan 09, I was doing a lot of online research and comparison to buy my first car. This is when I came across this lovely website / online community / automotive forum - Team-BHP. Needless to say, I have been hooked on ever since. (I also came across other online automotive communities, but nothing even compares to the amount of quality content that Team-BHP has)

Finally purchased Hyundai i10 ERA 1.1 iRDE and fully satisfied with it. I am aware that most Team-BHPians recommend the kappa powerplant for the i10 (Can't help it, we are BHP hungry). But I found the iRDE more suited to my budget and driving pattern, hence the decision.

Coming back to the intro, I am an electronics and communications engineer by education and by profession. My job involves design of printed circuit boards (PCBs, similar to computer mother boards) for telecom equipment.

My age - lets just say that I am roughly 2 years younger than GTO. You do the math.

I have been in Bangalore for the past 8 years. I am originally from Bhopal.

Rohan is not my real name, I just use this name when I am online. I have the same user name on mouthshut. I feel that concealing your real name on an online forum gives you the confidence to give honest opinions and reviews. Just out of laziness, I created an account on Team-BHP with the same user name and now I am stuck with it. Too bad it can't be changed now. I envy Team-BHP members with fancy user names.

I have been passionate about automobiles since college days. I used to buy Autocar magazines while my friends purchased PC Quest and Chip magazines.

Need for Speed was our hostel's official computer game, and we used to have night long tournaments on Saturday nights.

I am also interested in gadgets - mobiles, laptops, cameras, music players etc.

I have been driving 2-wheelers (with gear) since I was in the 8th std. (Used to drive within the colony with my elder brother, didn't drive on outside roads since I was too young to have a valid licence).

I started driving cars rather late. I always preferred driving a bike in Bangalore's hectic traffic. Used to pity the car drivers in Bangalore till I became one of them. You need to have a lot of skill and patience to drive a 4-wheeler in Bangalore's chaotic traffic.

I can be spotted in Bangalore commuting on one of the following:
1. My feet
2. Yamaha RXZ 135 (Wine Red)
3. Hyundai i10 ERA (Electric Red)

Walking is my most preferred way of commuting for short distances. Walking keeps you fit, plus you don't have to worry about traffic cops, traffic lights, traffic jams and parking space. Based on the kms I have covered walking, I would be in for a serious overhaul if I were a car. I wish I had a (ped)odometer to keep track of my personal mileage.

My bike is 12 years old now, but is well maintained. Its pick up is still better than my brand new car's pickup (or may be I don't rip the car that hard).

My car is almost in stock condition (except for the essential accessories and the Team-BHP stickets) and I intend to keep it that way for some time.

My car's ICE setup is pretty basic with a Blaupunkt Head Unit and 2 pairs of JBL speakers. It does the job for me since I prefer listening to soft rock while driving.

About my driving style - I am not a spirited driver, prefer to drive within my limits. I have never touched the 3 figure mark (100 km/hr) in my life. I believe in defensive driving.

Here are some of my road rules:

1. Always maintain distance from female drivers (there are a few good female drivers too, they should not take offence)
2. Always follow traffic rules even if there is no one watching
3. Avoid overtaking from wrong side
4. Never get involved in road rage, especially with cabbies
5. Not to use high beam in the city
6. Treat your ride like a member of the family. Keep her beautiful on the outside and healthy from inside.

My future cars - well I have just purchased my first car, so it will be some time before I buy the next one. But I wish to own a Honda/Toyota Sedan some day. Wonder if there would be any petrol/diesel left by that time I am ready for my next car.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the moderators on the wonderful job that they are doing. Each post on Team-BHP is meticulously monitored to ensure that there is no offensive content (even in the official joke thread). Use of any abusive language is not tolerated. I have also seen that some members have been banned, they must have been indulging in personal fights and/or using inappropriate language.

I have also noticed that most Team-BHP members are quite friendly and helpful. They may be very knowledgeable in their respective areas, yet are very humble and down to earth.

I am glad to know that there are so many Team-BHP members and moderators from Bangalore. Would love to meet you guys some day.

I fully support Team-BHP on its strong stand against issues like drag racing, driving under influence, rash driving and bribing the traffic cops. I also like how members advice everyone to wear helmets/seat belts while driving.

I am a big fan of GTO. It is really a pleasure (and really informative) to read GTO's test drives, offroading tales, articles and expert comments. GTO is to me as Dronacharya was to Eklavya, I consider him my Auto Guru.

I am also a big fan of Yeti blogs/guides and Rudra Sir's photography/photoshop skills.

I am attaching a couple of snaps of my red beauty for your viewing pleasure. If you look closely, you can see the Team-BHP stickers on the rear bumper and the front door side mouldings.

And for God's sake, somebody spot me !

Rohan,
Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Long pending introduction-dsc00280.jpg  

Long pending introduction-dsc00279.jpg  

Old 18th August 2009, 18:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey they say it better late than never

Quote:
I have been in Bangalore for the past 8 years. I am originally from Bhopal.
Hey I am from Bhopal too & had left Bhopal 8 years ago too
Old 18th August 2009, 19:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hey they say it better late than never

Hey I am from Bhopal too & had left Bhopal 8 years ago too
That's great man !

I went to Campion School (97 batch) and used to stay in Arera Colony.

I left Bhopal 12 years ago, joined IIT Roorkee in 97. Came to Bangalore in 2001.

Which area of Bhopal do you belong to ?

Hope your Sony sound system's FM reception is OK now.

Rohan,
Bangalore

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 18th August 2009 at 19:18.
Old 18th August 2009, 19:34   #4
BHPian

LOL.. what's up with the pending introductions? Are the admins sending a warning or something?

Anyway welcome to T and enjoy your stay
Old 18th August 2009, 22:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r View Post
LOL.. what's up with the pending introductions? Are the admins sending a warning or something?

Anyway welcome to T and enjoy your stay
Nothing like that, its just a coincidence.

Actually my boss didn't show up for work today, so I had a bit of free time in the office.

Decided to use this free time to write an intro on Team-BHP.

Wonder what motivated the others to write their long pending introductions.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 19th August 2009, 08:08   #6
BHPian

Hi Rohan.
Very well written introduction. You pretty much covered everything. I just joined recently. Will see you around. Take Care.
Old 19th August 2009, 08:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
And for God's sake, somebody spot me !
So tell us where to spot you.
Warm welcome to TBHP. Your car looks nice but I don't see any TBHP sticker there. Put some quickly and post pictures.
Old 19th August 2009, 09:18   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rohan, welcome aboard.

I'm guessing we need to spot you around Koramangla games village going by the snap.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
So tell us where to spot you.
Warm welcome to TBHP. Your car looks nice but I don't see any TBHP sticker there. Put some quickly and post pictures.
Thanks, Rudra Sir.

If you look closely, you can see the Team-BHP stickers on the rear bumper and the front door side mouldings.

I don't like having loud stickers on my car, my taste is a bit subtle. Hence I have pasted the small transparent "www . team - bhp . com" stickers.

Gives me great sense of pride to represent this community by having these stickers on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hey Rohan, welcome aboard.

I'm guessing we need to spot you around Koramangla games village going by the snap.
Thanks, vid6639.

You got me. I didn't realise that the photos were so obvious.

By the way, I used to stay in National Games Village, Koramangala. Presently, I am put up near the Sony World Junction, Koramangala.

My car can generally be spotted during lunch time on weekends near restaurants in Koramangala which serve good non-vegetarian food.

My car can also be found on Inner Ring Road and Outer Ring Road on weekends.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 19th August 2009, 15:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
That's great man !

I went to Campion School (97 batch) and used to stay in Arera Colony.

I left Bhopal 12 years ago, joined IIT Roorkee in 97. Came to Bangalore in 2001.

Which area of Bhopal do you belong to ?

Hope your Sony sound system's FM reception is OK now.

Rohan,
Bangalore

LOL its a small World, I was in Vikram (97 Batch )
I know quite a few guys from Campion from this batch.

I have my home in Saket Nager.

Yes the FM reception has improved & I had updated that thread, Thanks for the tips
Closed Thread

Most Viewed