Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:47   #1

Good to be in the family finally.

'Brownears' was my nickname in college. The spoof lives on .I have been regularly following Team-BHP for a couple of years now. Always thought there were lots of threads I could participate in, but never made it for some reason. Great to finally be a part of the 'powerful' BHP family.
Old 24th August 2009, 10:59   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome brownears (heck of a nickname, what's the story?). How about telling us more about yourself? Cars you own / like, background etc.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:09   #3
BHPian

Hey Anil, welcome onboard. Enjoy your stay here.

Guys, I have known brownears for around a year and he is a genius when it comes to automobiles. He knows the A-Z of automobiles. Any doubt I have, he is the first person that comes to my mind.

Enjoy Anil. Cheers
Old 24th August 2009, 13:03   #4
BHPian

Hi Brownears welcome to Team-BHP. What is this nickname all about?? sounds witty!!
Old 24th August 2009, 19:49   #5
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP. Mean time, "brownears"-?
Old 24th August 2009, 21:41   #6

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi Guys,

GTO, its great to be among like minded petrol heads, gear heads, and the like. Well I have to thank our double doctrate statistics Prof. at the Uni. for my nickname. He was trying to explain the odds of finding the odd man out. In a class full of fair haired guys, he pointed out to me and took me as his example. In his excitement of having found a live example, he shouted "Brown ears!!!" instead of brown hair (his English wasnt as good as his statistics lessons ) . And of course he never realized his mistake, and the name stuck to me like leech!

About me, well the thing for cars and bikes goes back a long way in my life. In fact with my first toy, a Mercedes-Benz 190 E or fondly known as 'Baby Benz'. I am a big fan of the 1955 300 SLR. Love the sound of that car. Also a big fan of the Porsche Carrerra GT. I havent driven all that many cars, but among the ones I have had the chance to drive, the ones that have really created a big impact in my mind are the Mercedes-Benz Ponton 219 (1957) and a 1960s something Citroen DS. The former was so solidly built, you could think you were in a battle tank, and the latter was so far ahead of its time! It could still beat most road cars today at features/innovations. Among modern cars though, I have had some great experiences driving in a Mercedes-Benz C 320 CDI. A rocket of a car!

I currently own a Tata Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet. It is a good car for the price, and such a huge step ahead of the other car I own. Yes, a Tata Indica DLS.

Zteg, thanks for the kind words, mate. Good to see you here too. I have a long way to go before I deserve that kind of an intro. . I am definitely here to learn!

T_girl, thanks for the warm welcome. As you can see from the story above, the nickname is not such a big deal afterall!
Old 25th August 2009, 12:04   #7
BHPian

HeY brownears. I am expecting a long term review of the indica v2 DLS and a short term review of the Vista quadra jet from you.
So bring it on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks