Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 18:08   #1
BHPian

GreaseMonkey finds a home :)

Always loved it when the hands get dirty and the jeans are smeared cleaning a vehicle, servicing my bike or just oiling my bicycle!! First the mom hated it (more cause of the nuisance) then the wife!! The fascination started with the first vehicle ride, the princely ambassador when I was in the 3rd std and the experience of having a hands on uncle having to repair a car broken down in the ghats during a family outing.

There was something I felt at home about as I smelled the grease and the oil, trying to understand why the steam was coming from the radiator of the broken vehicle. Early exposure to a first cousin's passion for restoring heavy bikes in Baroda (A Matchless & a Triumph) during school vacations was the initiation into the basics of automobiles. Thirst for knowledge and passion to experience first hand, led to first engineering in Production tech and later enrollment in degree for Automobile engg!! Frustration at the obsolete content of the course and lack of practical application knowledge of the esteemed staff at the institution led to the eventuality of dropping out of what was a dream, but all was not lost.

Been exposed over the last few years courtsey of friends who have stuck on in the field to inside views and visits to the likes of Honda Racing Company (HRC) paddocks at the Dubai autodrome, the KTM world rally team's preparation camp, etc. By no means do I claim technical competance here but just the satisfaction of being in the know of the developments and how things are donein the auto world.

My personal possession and passion being my 2nd Royal Enfield that I address as 'Her Majesty' so much so that my latest venture that was explored was to assist a friend in trying to set up a 'Custom Bike manufacturing' unit in India, complete with exploring V twin engine options, studying and understanding ARAI 'type approval' process, etc.

As luck would have it a very old school bum chum comes from a well to do family with the resources to own some beauties available in India like a Porsche Cayenne, BMW 740 Li, 750 Li and the latest prized possession the Jaguar XFR!! While he surely loves to own them. I have the privileage to completely understand the operations, workings of gadgets and above all experience the beauties and get to drive them!!! Why this sounds to be a good tree for this monkey?? well I may not have the means but surely nothing comes in my way to access the fruits of experience that are shared by so many more experienced enthusiasts on this site and also to occassionaly to pitch in wherever I can given the opportunites. Glad to be here
Old 27th August 2009, 19:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard GreaseMonkey,

That intro was great to read.

Indeed you have found a home!

cya around,
R
Old 27th August 2009, 20:09   #3
BHPian

Thats a lovely introduction i say! Better Late than never . Look forward to more of your interesting posts in future. Welcome home!
Old 27th August 2009, 20:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi GreaseMonkey

You have sure landed at the right place. That was a really nice introduction. Do take time to familiarize yourself with the working of the forum by going though the rules.

See you around in the threads. Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:24   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the early welcomes!! I have just submitted a post on my latest "First time in Life" experience - that of driving the Jaguar XFR (alas it's not mine but a very dear friend's!!) Hope you guys like it!1
Old 31st August 2009, 13:44   #6
BHPian

Welcome Greasemonkey, was apleasure reading your post
Old 31st August 2009, 15:34   #7
BHPian

Hi Greasemonkey welcome to Team-BHP. Nice intro. Have a great stay here. See you around!!
Old 31st August 2009, 17:04   #8
BHPian

Thx for the Welcome msgs T Girl & Rossi!!

Cheers!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks