Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2009, 17:50   #1

Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians

Hello everyone,

I thank the Mods who have approved my request to join this growing community of avid car enthusiasts. Came across Team BHP whilst searching for articles pertaining to modifications for jeeps and gypsy's.

I have learnt a lot of technical stuff regarding 4x4 vehicles from the moderators and other contributors and i must say this communities knowhow betters some of the mechanics that my cars have been to!!

To introduce myself, im from Kottayam (Kerala) and am working in Brunei in the Oil&Gas related industry, was and am interested in cars from an early age and learnt to drive at the age of 13 and to ride at the age of 17.

Some of the vehicles i have owned in the past include a Bajaj Sunny Zip, Yamaha 125 Scrambler, Yamaha RX 135, Modified Enfield 1986 model, Maruti 800 with FFE and head job, TATA estate, BMW E34-525i.

Presently i own a Toyota Corolla 88 model, Daihatsu Cuore, Mercedes Benz 320TE, BMW 3 series with a Toyota Supra Engine modification, Nissan 200 SX and a Maruti Gypsy 1988 narrow track model (Modified to resemble the widetrack version).

I have recently purchased the Gypsy after reading interesting articles especially from Khan Sultan and the other moderators.

Look forward to contributing and learning more to satisfy my thirst for knowledge as the saying goes "Knowledge is power"
Old 6th September 2009, 03:07   #2
BHPian

WOW!!! That's a huge list of beauties you have there. Post some pictures of them please .

Welcome to t-bhp !!!
Old 6th September 2009, 06:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Sultan , are all these cars of yours in India or in Brunei? Post some pics , we would like to see your BIG garage. Cheers
Old 6th September 2009, 06:11   #4
BHPian

welcome to team-bhp sultan. Pretty good garage you got there, would love to see pictures if you can upload some.
Old 6th September 2009, 09:09   #5

Oohhh....Pics of the BMW with the Supra Engine Please!!
Old 6th September 2009, 09:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunei Sultan View Post
Presently i own a Toyota Corolla 88 model, Daihatsu Cuore, Mercedes Benz 320TE, BMW 3 series with a Toyota Supra Engine modification, Nissan 200 SX and a Maruti Gypsy 1988 narrow track model (Modified to resemble the widetrack version).
first things first- welcome aboard.
your current purchase is the gypsy. so i reckon you are in india. then where are the other cars? in brunei?
and why the hell would you put a supra engine in a beemer?
puzzled.
Old 6th September 2009, 09:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Am i right in thinking by what you meant by writing this
Old 6th September 2009, 09:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Am i right in thinking by what you meant by writing this
@harish, you asking me?
Old 6th September 2009, 10:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
@harish, you asking me?
That was for cyrus but i guess we were writing this at the same time - check the post timings for both you and me.

But after reading your post - that is what i was asking cyrus " Why would one put supra engine in a beemer"
Old 6th September 2009, 10:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Your Team BHP id says it all. I must say you have an interesting garage there in Brunei. Your Mercedes TE and your BMW caught my attention. Which series is your Benz? It would nice if you could start an ownership report thread on your TE and and give is an insight on your BMW prohect in another thread. Pictures of the cars a must though.

Do take time to go through the rules of the forum before you go further. Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 6th September 2009, 12:11   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
welcome to team-bhp sultan. Pretty good garage you got there, would love to see pictures if you can upload some.
Thank you for the welcome, yes i shall upload my car pics as time permits, and wit this post i am attaching my 200 SX pictures after it came back from restoration, FYI this car is a 1993 model, with the CA18DET engine but upgraded turbo from the FJ20ET Nissan Sylvia model. When i bought the car it was lying unused in a friends backyard, with very much faded red paint, the mods i have made to this car include, complete engine rebuild and bigger turbo, FFE, Replica Recaro seats, MOMO steering, Red Velvet on door panels, Ferrari Red color with black roof, OZ rims and a Sony DVD headunit with a motorised LCD panel and Subwoofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonerd View Post
WOW!!! That's a huge list of beauties you have there. Post some pictures of them please .

Attached with this quote is the 200 SX one of my cars in Brunei
Welcome to t-bhp !!!
Quote:
Welcome aboard Sultan , are all these cars of yours in India or in Brunei? Post some pics , we would like to see your BIG garage. Cheers

Thank harishnayak for the welcome, my gypsy is in Kerala India, all other cars in Brunei. I had previosuly bought a Contessa Classic in kerala for modification but alas time did not permit and hence sold it, i will post pics of my cars, presently posting the 200 SX pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Oohhh....Pics of the BMW with the Supra Engine Please!!
Yes will post them soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
first things first- welcome aboard.
your current purchase is the gypsy. so i reckon you are in india. then where are the other cars? in brunei?
and why the hell would you put a supra engine in a beemer?
puzzled.
All the cars except for Gypsy are in Brunei, yes i have recently been to Kerala and did some 4 wheel driving, which made me understand what all modifications are necessary for my old gypsy. As for the Mods on the BMW, well it was originally a E46 318i BMW, but unfortunately my friend overheated the engine, by not checking the coolant and later on after top overhaul was done, the valve controlling coolant flow to the gearbox failed and water entered the gearbox which resulted in total loss of gearbox, it was sitting idle as he was frustrated with the car and i bought it for a small amount minus the engine which he wanted to sell without the car and then plonked in a biturbo second hand reconditioned supra engine with 5 speed gearbox. The car is pretty fast and the other day broke the rear pinon gears (hope im correct) in the axles becos i was trying a burnout and the torque was tooo much for the axle gears. will post some pics soon with regard to the BMW supra power.
Quote:
That was for cyrus but i guess we were writing this at the same time - check the post timings for both you and me.

But after reading your post - that is what i was asking cyrus " Why would one put supra engine in a beemer"
Pls see explanation above
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Your Team BHP id says it all. I must say you have an interesting garage there in Brunei. Your Mercedes TE and your BMW caught my attention. Which series is your Benz? It would nice if you could start an ownership report thread on your TE and and give is an insight on your BMW prohect in another thread. Pictures of the cars a must though.

Thank you for the warm welcome Dippy, the 320TE is a W124 series, one of 12 in Brunei previously owned by the Sultan of Brunei's brother Prince Jeffry. As suggested i will post some ownership reviews after i get acclimatised with the site and posting requirements.
Do take time to go through the rules of the forum before you go further. Welcome to Team BHP.
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians-dsc02087.jpg  

Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians-dsc02088.jpg  

Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians-dsc02089.jpg  

Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians-dsc02090.jpg  

Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians-dsc02091.jpg  

Greetings from Brunei to all BHPians-dsc02092.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 12:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. Is that black SUV yours? which one is it?
Old 6th September 2009, 12:24   #13

No that belongs to a friend the car is a KIA sorento, something similar to the Hyundai Sante Fe
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks