Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 19:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Passion Purple (& Two Stroke)

That was the colour of the Palio I wanted to buy - but the whole world (except one) was against me. (Now I know who is my true friend). Settled for a glacier white one instead.

That speaks for me - want to be different, but dare not!

Actually, I love bikes. Ever wondered how a puny piston about the size of your fist, pumping away to glory in an enclosed space about the size of a normal drink - can propel you, your wife / girlfriend, your son / daughter / both and what not at 50 kmph+, nary a thought for the whole world in front of you, behind you and beside you!?!

Sorry - that was long winded - but that was what used to happen to me whenever I saw a bike loaded with family. Give me my KB100 RTZ any time and I will recreate the magic of driving for you!!

May be the old Jawa on which I used to be taken for a ride once a while some friendly uncle when I could hardly spell motorcyle is the reason for this love affair?

The one person in the world whom I will depend on without raising a doubt - my friend and guide in a complex mechanism called internal combustion engine - Karthikeyan, an technician par excellence in Jubilee Road, W. Mambalam, Chennai (personally, I don't want to call anybody a "mechanic") - thanks Karthi for stoking my passion!

Finally, thanks to all these wonderful posts here, which prompted me to put in a few lines from my side.

Keep up the good work, folks!!
Old 11th September 2009, 11:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

I can tell you, you missed a good colour by not choosing Purple. I have been owning a Purple palio for the past 5.5 years. If not anything, it still turns many heads .
Old 11th September 2009, 12:36   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great intro, Vrprabhu! Welcome to Team-BHP. We got a huge gang of bikers onboard, I'm sure you will fit right in.

Do take a quick pitstop by our board rules section too, we'd appreciate that.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Purple was my favourite colour on the Palio. Too bad you couldnt buy one in that colour. Do post your biking experiences in the Motorbikes section, I'm sure you find many of your clan out there.

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!

Thank you folks.

I will try to live up to your expectations!

I did used to post some of my experiences on BSMotoring's motorcyle roads feature some time back - hope I can spare some time and do the same here.

Pune is veritable treasure for biking getaways - there are plenty of places to go for one - two days tour and you'll enjoy every moment of it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Ramesh Prabhu
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks