Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 09:23   #1
BHPian

Greetings All - From Ford Mondeo to Corolla to Scorpio

Hi All,
I am finally a member of TEAM-BHP, really glad to be part of this community, thanks.
What got me started was the threads on Scorpio when I was looking for some advice on buying a new car.
I was searching for a car for almost a year, almost booked Honda City - had to cancel it as I had to fly to US for work. Then came Corolla - almost booked it (again) but was still not excited about it. That is when someone suggested Scorpio. I came across the discussion on Scorpio on this forum, it helped me lot and I booked scorpio. I know they are class apart, so still apprehensive whether I made correct choice ! More on this in a seperate thread.
I am interested in cars in general - and bikes (but the backache does not permit biking anymore).
So, looking forward to interact with all,
Regards,
Scorpwarp
Old 18th September 2009, 10:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Scorpwarp,

The all new Scorpio is a fantastic buy with that brilliant MHawk engine. You now also have the optional AT gearbox which makes it even easier to drive in the city. Do go through the Annoucements section to familiarize yourself with the forum protocol.

Welcome aboard and oh yes do tell us more about that Mondeo.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:10   #3
BHPian

Would still famililiarizing with rules, especially wary of the mods !
The mhawk engine was really the deal maker for me - was so surprised by the torque and refinement. I think I would get over that almighty shudder when you start or stop the engine and that vibrating gear stick (dancing gear stick - as some other forums refer to it) and that not-so-desirable plastic bits BUT still looking forward to the delivery of my Scorpio - other cars like City, Fiesta, Corolla, Cedia did not really excite as much as Scorpio drive, so eagerly waiting for the delivery.
The Mondeo - if you really want to know - was 1.8L, used for 4 years in UK, served me well, did not break down, did not race (althouth used drive at 90 MPH regularly), helped with my house moves. Nice middle of the road car - ideal for middle of the road family men, like me :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks