Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 22:38   #1
BHPian

Coming back to life

A BIG Hi to All!

First an explanation on the thread title.

Apart from the fact that its one of my favorite songs, I have lain dormant in team-bhp for quite a long time. Going by my join date I probably should have raked up atleast a couple of hundred posts by now. But for various reasons, I never ended up being active on the forum - although I did look in now and then.

I was introduced to team-bhp all those years ago by a call from a very excited Dippy, soon after the site started. It is truly amazing what it has become over the years, kudos to the Moderators and members for keeping the posts flowing.

I don't know when I started having an interest in cars. I remember having a big dinky car collection (Matchbox and some Hotwheels) and a HUGE Testarossa poster on my wall since forever. So I think I was born with a love for cars, red ferrari's in particular and in 29 years it's just gotten stronger.

I've been following F1 almost as soon as I came to know about it - close to 2 decades ago. I used to be a member of the Chequered Flag club and loved spending race days with enthusiasts. I might have met some other bhp'ians - apart from Dippy - on racedays at CF club, Sidewok though I didn't know it then.
Are there any true F1 enthusiast race-day meets happening in Mumbai now?

Apart from F1, the other sports I tend to follow are WRC, MotoGP, Football (EPL & CL) & sometimes cricket (when India plays). My more active hobbies include reading a lot of books, driving, watersports - i'm relatively new to it and stick to wakeboarding and kite surfing and listening to music. A lot of music from - Classic Rock to alternative, Fusion to Trance, whatever matches my mood at the moment. Sometimes I truly wish life came with a soundtrack like in the sitcoms.

Over the years, my family has gone through a few cars starting with a Fiat 1100-Delight, a Premier 118NE on which I learnt to drive, a Maruti Zen and then a Hyundai Accent which was sold a couple of years ago.
Now my *scuderia* consists of an Indigo CS and a Wagon-R, though i'm looking forward to a hot-hatch (Punto sports?) as my next car.

If anyone spots a Silver Wagon-R with the yellow team-bhp "Live To Drive" sticker on the rear bumper trundling around Thane (where I live) and Central/South Mumbai, that'll most probably be me.

Well, here's to a more active second innings at team-bhp.

Cheers! Drive Safe.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the fact that its one of my favorite songs, I have lain dormant in team-bhp for quite a long time. Going by my join date I probably should have raked up atleast a couple of hundred posts by now. But for various reasons, I never ended up being active on the forum - although I did look in now and then.
With that join date your post count should have been in the thousands knowing how much of car guy you are. The Sidewok F1 evenings used to be awesome with true blue F1 enthusiasts getting together to watch the races. Sadly I dont find any of the places currently screening F1 to be as hardcore as Sidewok was so I prefer watching at home.

Nice to have you posting finally. Do take a pit stop at the Announcements section to know the working of the forum.

Better late than never Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Gomzi.

It is a pleasure to have an enthusiast like you here. Lets hope you dont go back into hibernation again, for whatever reason.

Looking forward to seeing your posts more often. Happy Revving!!
Old 21st September 2009, 14:47   #4
BHPian

Thanks Guys.

I was thinking, how about having a team-bhp meet on one of the F1 sundays? That will take care of having true enthusiasts on the scene and a good time

Dont know how the logistics i.e. centrally located place with good food capable of accomodating screaming, ferrari flag waving customers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks