Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:08   #1
BHPian

Wadaaapp fellow Bike and Car Lovers!

Hey there. This is Jocreative from Trivandrum,Kerala. Thank you moderators for approving my registration after having a proper "Why TBHP" written down.... "wink wink" ...

A little bit about my rides... I had my first bike/scooter in 1999, It was a Kinectic DX. My second ride was a Kawasaki Caliber... and boy I loved that ride... i thought it was made just for me!! Then I had to leave and go to the US... where I bought a 1987 Ford Thunderbird! It was a V6 and man the car was huge!! Felt like a gangsta riding in that big bad boy!!

I gave me company for a year or so, and then i sold that and got myself a good american bike!! Yamaha Vstar 650cc...!! Now THAT was made for me totally!!!! It was love at first sight!!!!

Eventually I had to return back to good ol India, and had to sell away all my beautiful rides.

Then I owned a Shiney Black Maruti Suzuki Swift... It was a good ride too... was smooth at first, but started getting shakey (as do all maruti cars) and I sold that and got a Golden Ivory Cheverlette AVEO 1.6LT.
I would consider that as my most safest and "corporate" choice ever made... you know like trying to take a big step into grown-up-hood...!!
I am 28 btw. But that feeling could only last so long... and so I bought the indian Bull Master!! Royal Enfield Machismo 500cc. Its been almost a month since I bought that monster and I am loving it so far.
But the looks were a bit too boring and "indian" for me...so I had to start customizing it with my limited machanical skills... Here is what I have done so far.

Ofcourse It wont match up to the beast I had in the US... man that was something! But I would like to get this boy looking bad and monstrous soon.
I will be posting more information about my bullet and how the customization is going on in its appropriate thread..when I make one..!!
I also have a lot of questions on how to do stuff...so I hope you guys can help me with some tips on how to get things done.

Looking forward to knowing all of you guys here at TBHP!!

Rock n Roll Guys
Attached Thumbnails
Wadaaapp fellow Bike and Car Lovers!-dsc000892.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd October 2009, 00:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard, Jo!
Nice to see someone ride a chopper here in the US. Its usually street bikes & crotch rockets for most bikers of Indian origin.
The Bullet looks good.Throw on some saddle bags & you'll have a decent look-alike of your VStar.

Enjoy your stay here on TBHP!
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Welcome aboard, Jo!
Nice to see someone ride a chopper here in the US. Its usually street bikes & crotch rockets for most bikers of Indian origin.
The Bullet looks good.Throw on some saddle bags & you'll have a decent look-alike of your VStar.

Enjoy your stay here on TBHP!

Hey Nitin, Thanks for the reply and comments. I noticed that the crotch rocket population is high in the US... its really something to ride a chopper out there... Every other rider does the "Biker Wave" back at you in recognition ... It was an awesome feeling.
Yep I got a pair of some sweet looking saddle bags, but I can figure out how to put them on!! All I got were four extensions and holders with no clamps or bolts!!! Still trying to crack my head onto how to get those things on there... I will be posting some pics and stuff so that people can help figure this out with me
Old 3rd October 2009, 01:18   #4
BHPian

I'm sure pillion rider will have problem sitting with that rest at that height. Also, you can get the front panel (windscreen?) for machismo (might look odd to some).

Should be able to get the side bags made too, by some tailor or so.
Old 3rd October 2009, 07:19   #5
BHPian

Hey Gurpartap Singh, Thanks for the comments.
I was thinking of getting the windshield... but then I also wanted to change the handle bar height, so I dint know if the windshield would look ok with the higher handlebars.
Already got a pair of saddle bags.. I posted it in my earlier reply to Nithin... waiting for moderator approval

oh yeh, I know the high backrest can cause problems to some riders... but not many are going to sit on the back seat for now... probably only my wife ... if she can climb on.
It was an experimental purchase... but I kind of like how it looks like now.

Last edited by jocreative : 3rd October 2009 at 07:37.
Old 3rd October 2009, 07:44   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Joe, where you going with those bikes you're ridin ?

Welcome to TBHP. Biking in the US .. one thing that I didnt do. But the way you are describing that back-rest, I'm wondering if you did that on purpose !

To stop by the Rules & regulations. Will give you a good idea of those few small things that's expected of all TBHP-ians. Excessive smileys is one such thing.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Old 3rd October 2009, 08:28   #7
BHPian

Hey Condor, Thanks for the note.
The rules and regulations of TBHP is something that I havent come across in any other forum. I understand maintaining the standards and quality of the site and I have gone through several threads that doesnt quite follow all these rules. But I guess I have to be more careful since I am a NewBie and possibly can get chucked out any time
I believe all my posts are pretty decent and appropriate. So if TBHP Moderators do not want them in, then so be it . No worries.
Old 3rd October 2009, 09:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Here you go :

The Announcements seciton :
Announcements - Team-BHP

And one thread to refer to :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html

Do search before you post / start a new thread. With the diverse and wealth of knowledge & experiences we have here, most topics would have already been covered. But at any time, if you have a doubt / need help, just shout ! Somebody will definitely help you.
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:49   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the links. I have already gone through them.
Feels like I am in front of the US consulate, Chennai.
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Thanks for the links. I have already gone through them.
Feels like I am in front of the US consulate, Chennai.
Lol yeah. But its not quite as bad. Enjoy yourself here!
Old 9th October 2009, 10:15   #11
BHPian

Thanks McLaren. I will.
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:45   #12
BHPian

Hello from Dubai (Harley Rider)

Hey Fellow Team BHPias!

It's been a while since I have logged into this site. I used to browse through it often when I was in Trivandrum Kerala. I have moved to Dubai 6 years back and thought I would update the thread with my latest rides and torque fun
I keep myself busy doing Photography, and enjoying my rides, sometimes even both together!

Up until 2 weeks ago, I owned a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L V6.

Now I own a 2013 Harley Iron 883. The temperature is climbing up here from 42-45*C but I still enjoy riding this beauty any time of day! Except when its windy and dusty! Then its no fun!

Would be nice to see if there any fellow UAE bikers in this forum.

PS: Photo's shot by me [ @3DAES ]
Attached Thumbnails
Wadaaapp fellow Bike and Car Lovers!-_u7a6704assmartobject1.jpg  

Wadaaapp fellow Bike and Car Lovers!-13320424_10154433382265730_9222921119331404925_o.jpg  

jocreative is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks