Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 18:51   #1

Hello Everyone!!!

Hi All!!!

I still remember those good old days when I used to gaze at people riding bikes & cars. I was amazed to look at them driving monstrous trucks and big buses. I thought it was a Herculean task to learn how to drive and control those metal monsters. But now, after so many years of driving I understood that driving is not difficult but mastering it which requires a great amount of time and dedication.

Here I am in the process of fine tuning my driving skills which requires a great amount of knowledge about automobiles and expert advices.

I am 28 years old and I am working as an Assistant Manager in a leading BPO where I spend most of my time. I am basically an Automobile Engineer from Madras University, passed out in the year 2002. Now you may be wondering what I am doing in a BPO…well I don’t know. I did the course because of the passion that I had towards automobiles which actually started at a very young age.

I was 11 years old when I was living a small town next to Chennai. My family was not financially well settled at that time; so every penny was precious. I was craving for toy cars and I used to stare at boys when they played with those imported push back cars. When I asked for one, my mom said no. I was adamant in getting that push back car, so was pestering my mom during every chance I got. After many days of sleepless nights, Finally, I got my shining red push back car which was a replica of a Ferrari F1 car. I was thrilled by the very look of it and was very proud to show it off to my friends. This is where my journey started. From then onwards, my love for cars grew as I grew older. I started making my own toy cars with a small 3V motor and scraps which were the result of my experiments with the previous toys.

I encountered my first bike when I was doing my college 2nd year. I wanted a Suzuki Shogun and told my Dad that Shogun was the most economical bike of all. Glad that he didn’t know much about bikes and he got me one. If I have to describe Shogun in short – It’s Pure Exhilaration! Trust me, I have driven most of the bikes staring from Java, Yezdi, Fury till the latest FZ…but have never felt that adrenaline rush when I drove my Shogun. Mind blowing bike!

Currently I own a Royal Enfield Thunderbird and a Suzuki Swift. Thunderbird was my dream bike. It was so infectious that it caught my eyes instantly when saw it on a vertical display stand in an Auto Expo held in New Delhi. I completely convinced myself that I had to buy that bike but with my own money. I started saving and bought the bike in the year 2005. Things that you buy out of the hard earned money makes you feel great and I felt that when I bought a bike of my own!

Swift was my next dream. I bought him after I joined a new company as Assistant Manager. It’s a lovely White car. I decorated her with some 15” alloys and Maxxis 205/55/15 V-cut tyres and a little bit of stickers on the sides which reads “RALLY EDITION” in black & bold letters. I call him “VENOM” (A result of NFS addiction). ICE includes a JVC DVD deck with Pioneer component speakers in the front, 2 high treble tweeters at the side pillars and Polk Audio Oval speakers at the rear. I some how liked the thump & the crisp sound produced by the Polk Audio, so never wanted a woofer. Currently I am planning to do some mods in the air intake and the exhaust part. Require your expertise in choosing the right one.

Finally, my car of a lifetime is an AUDI-R8. This is BIG, so I am not sure when I am going to get it but one day, I will surely get it!

That’s all! This is my problem. I never keep it short. I know you would have got bored by now. Thanks for patiently reading my scribble. Please bear with me in the days to come!!!
Old 8th October 2009, 21:45   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the team invader ! That was a nice introduction there . Have fun !
Old 8th October 2009, 23:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

An automobile engineer and a car and bike freak !! What took you so long to find this forum, eh ? But better late than never, welcome aboard.

Please just have a look at the rules before invading
Old 9th October 2009, 10:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats a nice intro. Welcome to the team.
That was also a bit emotional one. Great to have you in the group
Old 9th October 2009, 12:27   #5

Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

Yes, I am too emotional when it comes my car & bike...they are like my pets !!!
Old 9th October 2009, 23:19   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard Invader!

That was a touching intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-N-V-A-D-E-R View Post
Things that you buy out of the hard earned money makes you feel great
Very Well said
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks