Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 02:18   #1
BHPian

ZOOOOOMed into Team-BHP on Diwali

Greetings Fellow BHPians,

What it Feels Like -
What more could I have expected as a perfect Diwali gift than getting my Team-BHP membership approved! Wow, it is indeed a great feeling.
This has been my second attempt and it was worth the wait and try.
Thanks Mods for the same.

How did it happen -
I have been following the forum for the last 6 months. It all started with the search for my new Car and I happen to land up at Team-BHP. Well, reading through the booking and ownership threads, I could relate to every bit of the swindling emotions that I too was going through - The mind Vs heart decisions. Thanks to all BHPians, their valuable inputs and suggestions, which I happen to read through, helped me a long way in making up my choice. I will put up my ownership thread shortly to share my experiences.

Want to know me -
Lastly a little about me now. I am from the city which has transformed from a city of gardens to a city of code churners, and so eventually I too happen to be caught by the same bug and accepted it as my means of survival. I am on the other side of 30, married and have a 4 year old daughter.

What Interests me -
I am very much into F1 since it made its debut on Indian television, and till date I am an outright fan of Michael Schumacher. Like every other Indian I too have grown up playing gully cricket so I do follow the game closely. Also once in a while I catch up with Shuttle just to keep myself in shape. I do enjoy movies and music. Still tuned into Phil Collins, Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson (Late), MLTR, BoyZone and the likes - mostly the 80s and 90s stuff. My other passion which is for driving has been limited to mostly short trips only. I am hoping to get motivated after having been part of this forum (read it as Travelogues) to explore on some long trips to satisfy my quench for long drives.

Looking forward to sharing my passion for cars/driving with you all and learn from the forum as I am Newbie in this field.

Sorry for the long introductory post as I was too enthusiastic (like a kid in a new candy store) at having become a member here!

Warm Regards,

Last edited by H_Zoom : 18th October 2009 at 02:35.
Old 18th October 2009, 07:16   #2
BHPian

Welcome Zoom, and happy Diwali and Prosperous New Year to you, and to all on the Team. I had visited Bengaluru when it was a garden city and MG Road felt like an expressway. Then more recently I saw the city completely transformed. My own Mumbai is so much different from what it used to be. But there are still those few spots in the city where one can relive the old charms: both in Mumbai and Bengaluru. Hope you will show us more of the city in the forums, and tell us about your ride too.
Old 18th October 2009, 11:49   #3
BHPian

Hi Zoom.....
Welcome to TBHP. I know how is feels to part of the auto loving fraternity.
Have Fun.
Old 18th October 2009, 13:47   #4
BHPian

Thank you Gostel and wishing you too a very happy and safe Diwali.
Good to know that you had seen Bengaluru in its hay days, as in the actual garden city and yes, you are right, there are still some old areas which still has greenery left, like the interiors of Malleswaram.

I too had been in Mumbai for about a year around 2002. I used to enjoy moving around South Mumbai, specially a long stroll around Queens' Necklace in the night, the old architectural structures around Churchgate, VT, Fountain and of course the very unique experience of commuting in Local Train. All in all I was overwhelmed by the warmth and the support I used to get by the people there.
Old 18th October 2009, 19:29   #5
BHPian

Thank you Raja and a warm welcome to you too.
That's quite a collection, specially your Bullet. Please do get it back in shape.
There's nothing like riding a Bullet ever so gracefully.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:15   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard Mate .
Old 19th October 2009, 12:58   #7
BHPian

Thanks Wind_Rider and congrats on your new beauty.
Looking forward to an interesting ownership report and it will be good to see your lyricist skills
Old 19th October 2009, 13:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on becoming a member.
Welcome to the team.
Enjoy!
Old 19th October 2009, 14:11   #9
BHPian

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hear from you ...
Old 19th October 2009, 18:55   #10
BHPian

@Nair - Thank you. Congrats on your new buy. I am glued to your thread and the black beauty. Waiting to see it with its new footwear.

@Hemant - Thank you and it is great to know about a Auto Enthusiast who can also dwell in it. all the best in your venture and will keenly follow-up as and when you will come up with something new.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post
Thanks Wind_Rider and congrats on your new beauty.
Looking forward to an interesting ownership report and it will be good to see your lyricist skills
He He , i hope to use my writing skills , a song about my Punto might take some time .

But wait till you read the Travel reports .!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks