Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 00:54   #1
BHPian

Admission granted....

Hi all,

Almost about a year after being a mere spectator on Team-BHP, I finally got myself to write that critical "Why Team BHP?" statement. Long story short, I guess I convinced someone on the second attempt, but not after having left my choicest feedback after the first!

Undoubtedly it feels great (and privileged) to be in. Although a doctor by profession, I have always been fascinated by machines; more so as to "how they work" and "whats inside"... 25 years ago as a kid, I still remember having taken apart my new imported remote controlled car even before our folks had finished unloading their suitcases at home! Being a surgeon, I now professionally take apart people, but thats another story.

Maybe thats why I feel reluctant to "upgrade" and am still using my Kinetic Honda DX (1993, 70K km) and Zen LX type 1 (2001, 120K km) with both my hassle free babies going great guns even today. Had a great reliable Fiat Punto 1.2 8V in the U.K. for a year and thats the only possession thats not made it back to India, thanks to import issues.

With India being something of a "rejuvenator" of the sinking global auto industry, I really do hope that we, as the customers, finally get to be the king when it comes to our rides.

I guess thats enough lecturing for now; its time to drive...with care and respect. Cheers.
Zen2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2009, 10:50   #2
BHPian

Hi Doc, good to you have you here! You take apart people...joking right! Please go thorugh the rules & regulations of this forum, follow all the traffic rules and enjoy your ride
Old 31st October 2009, 20:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi Doc, good to you have you here! You take apart people...joking right! Please go thorugh the rules & regulations of this forum, follow all the traffic rules and enjoy your ride
Thanks, but I do put them back! I hope the users will point out any technical errors in posting in a forum, if any.

Speaking of traffic rules, I wonder if there officially is a "pedestrain code" in the MV act; its not always fair to put the blame on someone who has a bigger mode of transport!
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:46   #4
Team-BHP Support

Doc, welcome to the forum. As they say, patience has its virtues, and now all that counts is that we have you on the forum.

A quick visit to the Announcements section of the forum will get you acquainted with how the forum operates, and you're good to go, not that you aren't already.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome once again!
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:50   #5
BHPian

Thanks.

Thank you for your wishes, everyone.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:28   #6
BHPian

welcome onboard doc , and enjoy the wealth of automotive knowlegde in this forum
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks