Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 21:42   #1
BHPian

Telling you about Myself

Hi Everyone,
I'm Kartikeyan . An IT HR by profession - 30 Yrs in Chennai .

Vehicles I own - 1974 - Royal Enfield ( War horse ) 1984 - Ambassador - 2006 Accent Crdi - 2008 Innova G4 8S .

A small history about me, My search for Jeep and how I ended up in here.
Dad ex-chief engineer highways – Govt Highways MM540 ( 2 wheel drive ) jeep with Roplas top

1998-2005
My first love for jeeps started there . used to go out at night and weekends and when my dad goes out of town using a duplicate key which I had made with the help of my dad’s jeep driver.

2005 - Dad retired and she left me. The day when I realized the value of vehicles. Quickly restored my Bike and Amby but something was missing.

2006 - Accent Crdi comes home with all satin tapes . Happy tour cursing at 160 and 170 . days when I used to suddenly start and go to coorg , Bangalore , comibatore . felt like suddenly towns and cities came closer .

2007 – thirst for power , tricks in cars , drifting , bet games and finally Girl loves me and my driving ( bird of the same feather )

2008 July – Marriage – Same girl – Pollachi – Udmalpet - Family man – Innova arrives as marriage gift from DAD and Sisters

2008 Diwali – first diwali – Big party – Me and relatives in Innova to Topslip . Vehicle cruses ( me first ) and finally hills – i see my relatives overtake me – What vehicle
1 Ford Jeep , 2 Willys Jeep , MM550 modified for hunting .

That the day the JEEP BUG bit me or rather amputated me.

To my dismay all my uncle had a jeep which was short chassis and old models willys or petrol versions or LHD or whatever name it.

2009 – January finally convinced my family and brainwashed them for an additional vehicle “ JEEP “

Jeep for Chennai , already home is like cab office and so on from family .
Gave my AMBY to mother-in-law , and made the room for Jeep

Team BHP enters my life . registration done but no reply . Ego hits me hard and I try again but not able to get through.

2009 – February 15 – first classified ad for Jeep – Perambur – Chennai Willys Short Chasis – Big tyres badly maintained – did not have a good feeling because of Accent speed and Innova softness .

2009 – March – Travel to Bangkok – Jeep chrokee – Offroad with my guide
wow wow wow first time offroading but as a passenger .

JEEP bug follows me and bites me harder

2009 - May - Onwards the search continues with vigour
2 vehicles at Kilpauk – Done up in HYD , good but costly
Avadi – Ex Army MM550 – Jeeps have to be towed and restored ? Oops no time and no mechanics
Mahindra Customization - Major 5.5 Lks and 2.2 Lks for customization !!! No way
All above leads from Team bhp & Hindu still trying but now ego gone desperately trying for membership .

2009 – July - Travelled to HYD – Barat automobiles – MJ Market – guy says – Get a body for 30 to 50 K put in 2.5 LKS more and I would do it for you and what time 6 months ???
More jeep ads in classifieds and keep visiting all jeeps and checking the prices – Annanagar , Kulathur ,Thiravanmuyur .

Finally a Guide arrives – Sreedhar from Annanager and Basker from thiravanmuyur . Turning Point
Plan changed to buy a short chassis to whatever jeep and modification . look for old jeeps , compromised on 2 wheel drive and so on and on and on.

2009 – August – Still searching – Now to Border thottam based on inputs from relatives – None good again .
MORE JEEPS SEEN & THE MORE YOU WANT FOR LESS MONEY – Torture starts in name of NUMEROLOGY from parents after shorlisting one …

birthday arrives and astrologer too … says that change in career would happen and first time he had something I like he would do good if in automobiles and land.

Plans to quit HR and L&T and get into automobile but where - how – when – Thanks to team bhp , was in the site almost 4 to 5 hrs per day reading and reading

Spoke to many members for their jeeps and about the garage .

2009 – September travelled to – Vettakarain pudur and pollachi again – this time for jeeps alone – Too costly again but excellent jeeps – but under the HOOD nothing – the differential removed because driver don’t know to drive – for 2 WD all the way from Chennai and at 3.5 lks 1958 models NOT ME
Sreedhar shows me 4 more jeeps , looks good , performs good , money OK but NUMEROLOGY Kills

2009 – October – read about GD Naidu institute in combatore . they teach end to end of vehicles don’t know what is it all about .

But strongly focused now – have been loving cars for long but now going to live with it .

I believe with Team BHp'ians expertise and support i would be a nect DC or TATA or Bajaj or Mahindra Or Karthi ( its me )

This is me PROPELLER – Vehicles keeps me moving
Old 31st October 2009, 22:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

I can only wish you the best with your career. Great intro man! I can really feel your passion for cars.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:25   #3
BHPian

Welcome to TeamBHP Karthi. That was on hell of an intro.

If not done already, do remember to pay a visit to the Rules section to know how things work at TeamBHP.

Enjoy your stay here!
Cheers!
Old 5th November 2009, 20:45   #4
BHPian

welcome onboard propeller, man what an intro
and enjoy the wealth of automotive knowlegde in this forum
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks