Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 08:58   #1

Hello Jidousha Fans!!

Hello Everyone,

(Jidousha means car in Japanese)

It is great to be part of this facinating community. Nothing like getting connected to like minded motor fans.

About Me: I am a programs manager in IT services industry. As part of my job i travel and stay abroad most of the time. But i always dream of permanently staying in Bangalore , and go on long drives to Kerala, goa etc., every month. Currently i am located in Kawasaki,Japan (not home of Kawasaki bikes but home for Toshiba,Cannon, Panasonic etc.,).

About Team BHP: When i am abroad, i have constant desire to keep in touch with what is happening in Indian car industry. Because when i come back, i dream of buying next great car released in India. Inspite of looking at verious forums and car magazine sites for couple of years, i have never felt first hand and real ownership review and real experiance is available anywhere. Never satisfied and keep on looking for suitable forum. Luckily one day, while searching some forums, came across this great forum. And i have realized this what i have been looking for. Great great forum to share real owners experiance and opinions. I think this is the best forum in India for any kind of information on cars, and to connect with passionate people, who like cars and driving. It feels like home here. I have been following this forum for last two years. Now i want to be part of it and also contribute from my side aswell.

My Intersts: Car watching and gaining knowledge on everything and anything about car industry.

My Personal Achivements so far:

1) Visited Mercedes Benz museum in Stuttgart, Germany
2) Visited Porsche meseum in Stuttugart, Garmany
3) Visited BMW museum in Munich,Germany
4) Visited Toyota museum in Tokyo
5) Drove Mercedes in Paris
6) Drove Jaguar in Los Angels
7) Drove Ford in London
?) Currently working on driving Honda CRV in Tokyo.Not yet sure whether Honda CRV is available on rental though. Anyway first getting driving license in Japan is very very tough. This my current project.

My goal is to drive great cars in great citys of the world. I think , it is great privilage to get an opportunity like this.

Cars and Family:
My family (grand father was a landlord) had following achivements in my area. First family to buy a bicycle and first family to buy a car. That car was an antique and you have to start the car by rotating something in the front. And first ambassador car in that area. ( All these were told to me by my grand mother, but i don't have a proof, and i doubt it very much :-)). Anyway, my first attachment was with Ambassador car and i was probably 5 years. My family basically use to pick me up from school and change the dress in the car and take me to a movie. So i used to love the idea and use to think car is great, it takes me to a movie when i least expected. But unfortunaly family financial system broke and had to sell the car. My first heart break, and ever since i wanted to buy that car back (not anymore though).

That is how i became a car freak. We have owned multiple cars in recent past. But now i have Ford Ikon 1.8D(for highways) and Maruthi Swift (for city congested traffic) and now dreaming about replacing Ford Ikon with Chevrloet Cruze (may sometime next year). I love torque in diesel cars. I guess i can call myself diesel head but not petor head :-).

I hope i didn't bore you guys with a long story.

Since i am currently located in Tokyo, i would like to bring some news and experiances from Tokyo into this forum.

Thanks TeamBHP for approving my registration request.

Best Regards
Reaves76
Old 8th November 2009, 17:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Someone who speaks our language . Welcome aboard Reaves! No better way to keep your finger on the pulse of the Indian auto scene than Team-BHP. We've got a ton of information on the hot-rod Chevy Cruze. Do check out TSK's awesome review of the car.

We'd much appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section.
Old 9th November 2009, 06:00   #3

Thanks GTO. Appreciate your warm welcome. TSK's review on chevy cruze is great and that is why i am dreaming about this car now. BHPians are giving great reviews.
Near my office in Kawasaki, there is a suzuki show room. I am waiting for display of Suzuki Kizashi there. Once it is displayed, i will click some photos and get some catalog information into this forum. I am eagerly waiting :-).
Old 9th November 2009, 14:41   #4
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That's an awful lot of museums you've been to. Cool. Post some pics of the great cars in those great museums and give us Gyan reaves.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:18   #5

Thanks MX6. Yes it was wonderful opportunity. Mercedes Benz museum was amazing. One interesting thing i came to know was, not only first car in the world but first motor bike in the world was created by Benz. Basically Benz gave both car and bike to the world. I knew about car but didn't know about motor bike. Also there is interesting story behind name 'Mercedes'. Mercedes is a name of dealer's daughter who ordered big consignment of new model from DiamlerBenz, but he insisted that that model should be named after 'Mercedes'. That model became so popular that 'Mercedes' name became permanent for the company.

Definetely will post more experiances and pictures in a seperate thread.
Old 12th November 2009, 07:43   #6

Car Poetry
------------

Car Watching Is A Hobby
Car Driving Is A Passion
Car Revving Is Exhilarating
Car Design Is Addictive
Car Stance Is Beautiful
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks