Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 22:55   #1
BHPian

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......

And so I am on-board on my second attempt and since 03 Oct 2009 - thanks to Team-BHP.

Why "Ponmayilal"? It is here as a prelude.

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......-1namaskar.jpg

Born a Geminian in a conservative family in Tamilnadu, I grew up to become a Biomedical Engineer.

True to geminian traits, I do exhibit a multifaceted personality and colors with interests ranging from astrology and occult sciences to computer technology, Gardening to karmic theory and so on and so forth. That I am a biomedical engineer itself brings forth the duality since it is a marriage between medicine and engineering.

Be that as it may, coming to my interest in automobiles, our family had owned a Standard Gazel, a Maruti 800 Dlx, a Maruti Hi-roof van and a Daewoo Matiz but these were all my father's acquisitions.

In the two wheeler category he had also owned a Lambretta and then a Vijai Dlx while I had owned a Hero Puch, Kinetic Pride, Kinetic Honda and now a Honda Activa.

My interests in cars came to the fore when my father handed over the reigns to me after selling the Matiz. I am now a proud owner of a Maruti Suzuki Ritz.

It is during the selection phase of a new car that I came across Team-BHP and ever since I am truly addicted to it.

My hobbies and pastimes are

1. Computers.

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......-2mbczcube1.jpg

2. Music.

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......-3music.jpg

3. Tehnical postings.

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......-4posts.jpg

4. Travel and Amateur Photography.

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......-6tap.jpg

5. Stocks.

Ponmayilal flares and fans.......-5stocks.jpg

to mention a few.

I am also an avid chatter for over a decade now starting from the now defunct chaitime.com to rediff chat to one-india now. My other favourite nick is Ragamalika.

And now I am here too.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome the very colorful Ponmayilal to TBHP. A quick look at Announcements sections will help you blend in your color smoothly
Old 7th November 2009, 23:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP.
Ragamalika... Are you a BITSian?
Old 8th November 2009, 11:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome dude !! That is a very nice intro post. Pretty much says what you are all about. Looking forward to hear more from you.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:57   #5
Team-BHP Support

Great to have you on-board. You seem to be a very interesting person. Looking forward to your contribution on the various threads.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

All your hobbies, passions etc indicate you are a male, but I have to ask this. Are you a girl?

I ask 'cuase you say no prizes for guessing your real name.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:32   #7
Team-BHP Support

Now this is a good intro.
Welcome aboard. Have lots of fun.

Just check out the announcements section as well.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:05   #8
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. What do we have here!!! Is that you dancing in the first photo? Car enthusiasts come in all sizes and shapes. But coming with this kind of a background! Interesting.
When I first saw Ponmayilal, the song struck me. Kharaharapriya at it's best in movies. And Padmini.. hmm. Still hard to believe she's no more.
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Welcome to T-BHP.
Ragamalika... Are you a BITSian?
Hey Pulsar. Are you one????

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th November 2009 at 15:20.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Hmmm. What do we have here!!! Is that you dancing in the first photo? Car enthusiasts come in all sizes and shapes. But coming with this kind of a background! Interesting.
When I first saw Ponmayilal, the song struck me. Kharaharapriya at it's best in movies. And Padmini.. hmm. Still hard to believe she's no more.
Welcome.
OT,but are you referring to the artiste who enacted Madhavi in that film song? It was Rajashree if I remember right!
Old 9th November 2009, 15:29   #10
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
OT,but are you referring to the artiste who enacted Madhavi in that film song? It was Rajashree if I remember right!
It's offtracking here. But I'm referring to the song Madhavi Ponmayilal from the movie Iru Malargal Starring Shivaji and Padmini. The dancer was Padmini.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's offtracking here. But I'm referring to the song Madhavi Ponmayilal from the movie Iru Malargal Starring Shivaji and Padmini. The dancer was Padmini.
I am sorry, you are correct. I was thinking of another song where Rajashree plays the role (Kaviri penney vazgha). I can't remember the film, may be it was Kannagi.

End of OT!
Old 10th November 2009, 02:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome the very colorful Ponmayilal to TBHP.....
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
... Are you a BITSian?
No. I did my ECE at Anna University and BME abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
......Looking forward to your contribution on the various threads.
Already started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
.....I ask 'cuase you say no prizes for guessing your real name.
Professions and pursuits can no longer be given a gender classification. Exceptions excepted and accepted.

My dabbling in stocks, that must have surprised you is a long story. I found a thread here on stocks. So I shall put it under that thread sometime.

People who know the song have already spilt and spelt my real name. Not a great deal. That's why a "no prizes" announcement well in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Now this is a good intro.
Welcome aboard. Have lots of fun....
Thanks.

Quote:
.....Is that you dancing in the first photo? .....Kharaharapriya at it's best in movies.
No and fat hopes. Its just a frame from Rajesh Vaidhya's DVD music album "Veena Voyage" - courtesy Moser Baer.
Karaharapriya - you got it spot on. Great.The original rendering by T.M. Soundararajan is a marvellous piece. I listen to the Saxophone rendering by Kadri Gopalnath almost everyday. Album: Melody Waves.

Quote:
Quote:
I am sorry, you are correct. I was thinking of another song where Rajashree plays the role (Kaviri penney vazgha). I can't remember the film, may be it was Kannagi.
End of OT!
It is Poompuhar. Dialogue and lyrics by the now TN Chiefminister M.Karunanidhi. I am not into politics but I am a fan of the perennial flow of ink from his pen.

In the film S.S. Rajendran plays Kovalan, Vijayakumari as Kannagi and Rajshree as Madhavi. The song by Kalaignar picturises the turning point of the story. And here it is:

Kovalan:
Kavirippenne vazhga, undhan kaadhalan chozha vendhanum vaazhga

Hail kaaveri, the maid and her possessor the Chola king.

(Here there are some more lines which I skip for brevity's sake and to take you to the the turning point.)

Kovalan:
Unnarunkanavan Gangyai anaithu, kanni Kumariyayum thannudan kondan

Your beloved husband , the chola king, embraced the Ganges and also took the Virgin Kumari (Kanyakumari at the southern end)

Aayinum un nenjil pagayedhumillai

Still you were magnanimous and had no enmity towards those maids Ganges and Kumari

adhuve pengalin karpukkor yellai

And that signifies the the magnanimity and chastity of the women

At this Madhavi sings:

Aayiram vazhigalil aadavar selvar

Men will tread a thousand paths,

Adhuve karpendru nammidam solvar

and still tell us that they are chaste and manly.

At this Kovalan takes offence thinking that she is pointing fingers at him for leaving his wife Kannagi and living with her. Leaves Madhavi and goes back to his wife Kannagi.

I have provided the English translation to the best of my ability so that other BHPians can understand. Hope you enjoyed this long post. Whether or not, I enjoyed writing this post, as always. Thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 23:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Forumians,

How nice you all went for a regional filmy discussion and songs.Pon mayil if you got the experience with your Ritz you can tell more about some useful add ons.Let us share.You youngsters can treat the 60 as six and teach me so that I can teach my grandies.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:28   #14
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good to find a person with similar interests. It was a wild guess about the photo.

Anyway, I used to listen to Kadri when he used to sit and play in Kadri temple for hours with just 2 - 3 people in front of him. Duet made him famous. I don't enjoy his concerts anymore as he resorts to playing the snake charmer's tune midway in Punnagavarali.

May be I'll start a thread on what people hear / prefer to hear on their stereos during long drives.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

BLOWN Away.

Great writing skills, varied interests, flair for the lens, know your bit about cars. You may well be the next Yeti here...!!

Welcome aboard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks