Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 12:21   #1

Hello, from Chennai

Dear friends, as is the case with all others here, I am happy to be a member of this community (thank you, administrators). I have been following quite a few discussions and conversations (relevant to my interests) in this community for the past 6-8 months, and finally decided to test my luck, regarding registering myself as a member.

Having read some of the other introductions, I was initially very reluctant to post a formal intro message. This is because I do not have fancy qualifications and fancy hobbies and interests, being an ordinary person in the real sense of the term. However, since I am about to post a thread seeking technical advice regarding an upcoming vehicle purchase, I felt a formal intro will make the passage to the other thread easier!

For the records, I am in my early 40s. However, my experience with four-wheelers goes only 11 years back. I am not a technical expert, but have a deep interest in learning the different aspects of automobile purchase/maintenance/repair, from a layman's point of view. I have not seen a site that can rival Team-BHP on this score.

I have owned the following, since 1998

1. Nissan (Altima & Maxima) -- No other brand of cars has earned my satisfaction as much as Nissan. Not one fault or issue during my 5 years of continuous usage of the Nissan cars (except for the regular services)
2. Volvo S80 -- A deep sense of disappointment overtook me within 6 months of owning this car. During the three years that I owned this car, I had more than my fair share of issues, such as leak in the AC vent (put me back by almost a thousand USD), engine trouble and so on.
3. Volkswagen Passat -- Good (3/5 in overall satisfaction)

Apart from these, I have sufficient experience with almost all leading brands (but, and here is the catch, all during my decade-long stay in the USA).

Phew -- never thought I will end up with this much. Thank you for putting up with me so patiently.

I assure all respected members that I will be a net contributor to this remarkable community.

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to team-bhp.

Check out the announcements section. The information there is sure handy.

btw, I am a Chennai guy myself. But now live and work in Hyderabad.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:37   #3
BHPian

welcome to Team BHP,Raghu! having owned a Nissan Maxima 30GV(in Oman-middle east) myself, i can sympathise with you on how much you must be missing the cars!
looking forward to seeing more of your posts..

Last edited by bblost : 9th November 2009 at 13:17. Reason: do not quote a full post.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:39   #4
BHPian

Warm Welcome Raghu

I'm sure you'll learn lots of things about automobiles here!

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:46   #5

Thanks

Thank you, friends. <Sigh> truly missing my Nissan!
Old 9th November 2009, 15:43   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Raghu. Seems Nissan's having ambitious plans for India. So you are not far away from getting one in India again!
Old 12th November 2009, 23:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends,
I too a Chennaite,I owned a Bolero,Indica,Wagon R and to RITZ VDI ABS.Why the Chennai BHPians make a forum to keep updated and get useful tips.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks