Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 16:51   #1

Am I a Tbhp member for real ???

I m still at loss due the the quick turn around by moderators/admins in approving my registration

I have read many posts in this thread mentioning that it was quite a challeneg to get an approval to be a tbhp member. I guess I am so lucky.

Jokes aside

I m a typical homeless nomad in mid twenties, who was born in one city, raised in another and now living in a complete different city/country.

To tell the truth , I dont know "DRIVING", I still wonder why I did not learn driving inspite having a car at home. I am now planning to get my own first car in the next few days/weeks.

I think its too big for an introduction post . I will come back later to give some more details on the appropriate posts. Signing off now. Hoping to meet some like minded souls to guide my car purchase/driving.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th December 2009 at 17:04. Reason: An extra smilie. Only 2 smilies are permitted per post.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:06   #2
BHPian

for real ? I dont mind pinching you hard to confirm this is not a dream
Old 17th December 2009, 17:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
for real ? I dont mind pinching you hard to confirm this is not a dream
I did it myself a while ago . You are welcome to try it on your own provided you are ready to fly down here
Old 17th December 2009, 17:36   #4
BHPian

The First thing you need to have is Love for Cars. If you like cars then whatever your age, you will be welcome here.

Please go to a Proper Driving School & Learn how to Drive before coming out on the road. Heroics do not count on the road.

Where are you from ? I mean where do you stay now.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:39   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP.

So get that license fast. The whole world awaits you.
Once you get the taste of a highway there is nothing that comes even close to the feeling of freedom.

Do stop by the forum rules section for a quick read thru.
It sure does come in handy.

Welcome again
Old 17th December 2009, 18:41   #6

Thanks

@supercars,
Thanks.
I love automobiles especially bikes & cars . My early attempts to learn driving were spoiled by my parents, thanks to a bike accident. After which I was away from home for a decade. Now I am considered to be old enough & mature, as per my parents & I m allowed to learn driving. I am based out of Singapore now and I make frequent travel back home atleast once in 2 months . Cost of learning driving @ Singapore is sky high , close to 80K INR. With that money I can travel to india at least 4 times and learn driving. I do not intend to drive in Singapore owing to the initial & running cost of the vehicle. OTR for a Honda Civic would cost around 30 Lakh INR plus the city surcharges/toll. I am better off with travelling in public transport.

@bblost,
Thanks.
I was in India last month for 3 weeks and my plan was to learn driving but unfortunately hurt my knee during a hiking trek. Thanks to the incessant rainfall which made the hiking trail slippery which caused too much lacerations to my knee.
I am planning to come down again by end of January or early February for 3 weeks & my objective is to get the license at any cost .

My plan was to get an ANHC but was vetoed by my dad due to low GC & not much servicing option around Southern Tamilnadu plus the rave reviews of Sundaram Honda from this forum.
He proposed for Xylo which was rejected by me/mom owing to the design. Final two candidates were Scorpio & Innova & we zeroed on Scorpio due to its meaner look & rejected innova as it looks like a family taxi(Innova owners please excuse). I am now reading all the posts related to Scorpio , model which I have selected is VLX 2WD with ABS & of course White.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Thunder,

Nice introduction. So nice of you being frank telling you don't drive and a member.
Let you have your car soon and enjoy driving.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:12   #8

@navan,
Thanks.
As a matter of fact , I love driving bike rx100/135,p150 & Enfy350. I am planning to buy the Enfield class 500 on my next visit. I have to get used to four wheeler sooner or later
Old 20th December 2009, 21:49   #9
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremethunder View Post
@navan,
Thanks.
As a matter of fact , I love driving bike rx100/135,p150 & Enfy350. I am planning to buy the Enfield class 500 on my next visit. I have to get used to four wheeler sooner or later

Congrats mate on your new scorpio! It does seem that you are in a buying spree, I mean first the scorpio and then the Enfy!

Hey you may want to try out other bikes like the Yamaha R-15 or the new Pulsar-220(I own one) also right? They are also really good cruisers!!!

I am not against the Enfy in anyway, but I am merely suggesting some alternatives and I always say, "It may be a bike, but thats doesn't make it an Enfield!"
Old 22nd December 2009, 00:19   #10
BHPian

Nice to see you Here,Welcome home
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks