Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2009, 07:50   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone.. this is venki from hyderabad

Hello Everyone,

Glad to be part of T-BHP at last. My name is Venkatesh and I am basically from Chennai and for the past 4 years I am living in Hyderabad working for a MNC as a Chemical Engineer. I am married and have a 5 months old daughter. My hobbies include cooking, reading and listening to songs. I have a Suzuki alto and Suzuki Zeus bike.

I have been going over the posts for some time and I am impressed particularly with the Travelogues section. I never thought that there are so many nice exotic places that you can travel with in India rather than going abroad. Will post my travelogue soon. I will try to make my presence in the Hyderabad team meetings as much as possible.

Thanks for accepting me as a member.

Regards,
Venkatesh
Old 20th December 2009, 10:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Venki,
Welcome to Team-BHP - do write in with your travelogues!
Kindly go through our rules section before posting.
All the best.
Regards
Old 20th December 2009, 11:30   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Venki, Welcome !

A nice, short intro there. And to get you started, IIRC there's a thread even on cooking. Something more to help you make your presence felt . Would love to hear your inputs in the travelogues section too. And pls dont forget the pics.
Old 20th December 2009, 13:07   #4
BHPian

Thanks Cyborg, Condor for your replies. I will go over the rules section and make myself familiar with the rules. Wow, a thread on cooking, awesome.... thanks for the info. Let me start exploring it further. Thanks once again.
Old 20th December 2009, 14:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Venky,

It is nice to have you on TeamBHP. I am one of the lovers of Travelogue. You are most welcome to contribute here.
Old 20th December 2009, 17:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Venky,

Welcome to Team Bhp. I hope you'll become as addicted to this forum, as we all are!

And I am sure you'll enjoy your stay here!
Old 20th December 2009, 18:12   #7
BANNED

Venky,

Let me be the first hyderabadi to welcome you on board. In the city of Nawabs, it certainly helps to have someone with appreciation for food on board.
Travelogues - Haven't been much to that section but certainly that is the section of books that I go for every time I visit bookstores. BTW, like other metros, Hyderabad too hosts a huge second hand books fair every sunday on abids.

Welcome aboard.
cheers,
Vijay
Old 21st December 2009, 06:19   #8
BHPian

Thanks Navan and Chevy_Lover. Vjoy3, abids is an excellent place on sundays when all the main shops gets closed and the entire pavement is full of books. My wife is an avid reader as well. We used to be there once a month and spend 3 to 4 hours around Abids finishing it off with Jovar Roti lunch at Kamath Ramakrishna Theatre. With the kid around we are not going out anymore. Thanks for the welcome note.
Old 21st December 2009, 08:55   #9
BHPian

Hi, venki.bala,
Welcome to the board.
I also feel that there are so many plces in india unexplored.
With the help of this wonderful forum we all are coming to know about these places.
regards
sree70
Old 21st December 2009, 09:16   #10
BHPian

Welcome aboard!

Hi Venki,
Welcome aboard! Similar to you, I came to know about this site when I was searching for a way to go to Kashmir and have been a regular reader ever since!

Please do post your travelogue very soon! Its eagerly awaited!
Old 21st December 2009, 12:03   #11
BHPian

Thanks Iamsaran and sree70. I will write the travelogues as soon I make one which may be little with the kid around. but there are plans for us to travel to my native temple in feb - march time. I guess that will be my first travelogue.

Regards,
Venkatesh
Old 21st December 2009, 12:44   #12
BHPian

hi venki , welcome abroad , me too from chenai staying in hyd since last 2 yrs. The team out here is great , hope to meet you sometime soon ,
Old 21st December 2009, 18:28   #13
BHPian

Hi Venki, Welcome to Hyderabad.

You are more than welcome to join us for the Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet on 23rd at 7:30. Would love to see you around.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-meets-35.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna
The team out here is great , hope to meet you sometime soon
@Arjun, where are you? When do we get to meet you? Its been long since have seen you around. Do you know, we have a meet on 23rd and hope you are coming to the meet? I am seeing you after the Breakfast meet. I think you have been to the Vikarabad Drive Meet?

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st December 2009 at 18:29.
Old 22nd December 2009, 07:42   #14
BHPian

Hi Traveloholic,

Thanks for the invite. I am sorry I will not be able to make it for this meet. Will try to make it to the next one. I have my meetings on weekdays and they start mostly at 7 PM for the US counterparts to join in.

Regards,
Venkatesh
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:38   #15
BHPian

Hi Venki,

A warm welcome to a fellow father and a fellow driving enthusiasist. Since you are basically from chennai, looking forward to meet you in one of the chennai meets in the recent future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks