Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 14:26   #1

Introduction

Hello Team BHP,

I'm Ravi Abraham, 36 years old (wondering whether I should change my handle to veteran but am still very young at heart though). I am in the IAF working as a Pilot, presently based at Agra. I've been a roadie (not the M Tv variety) since over 2 decades. I've travelled extensively in our country, courtesy my adventurous rides and drives, besides my professional ventures. Biking from Pune to Goa (and back) as a 16 year old (don't ask me how) and from Goa to Kanyakumari and back are among my memorable trips almost 2 decades ago. Friends called me plain crazy. But then that was just me. I loved the feel of air on my ears.

I graduated onto 4 wheelers at age of 24 when I purchased a car with my own pay, a Maruti 800. She's done a 100,000 km single hand driven in the last 11 years now. I have just upgraded to a Tata Safari in Oct 09. Believe it or not I've clocked 9000+ km in just 2 months flat. I've been to Ahmedabad and back, and Pune and back to Agra within this time. Team BHP played a major role in me zeroing down on to this beauty which I possess today. Without doubt a big "Thank You" to all of you at Team BHP who are doing an incredible and fantastic job keeping up such a website. Kudos to you. I will come up with details of my roadtrip to Pune and back subsequently. If there's anything more you'd like to know about me - shoot!!

Last edited by ravi.abraham : 24th January 2010 at 14:44.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Fly a Safari or what How's the beast doing?

Welcome to Team-BHP.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:49   #3

Wow that was quick moderation. Really JK I wish she had wings. She'd be flying then. She's an absolute beauty. I've had my eyes on her since I'd seen her at the Auto-Expo at N Dellhi way back in 1998. I had sworn to my self, someday she would be mine. I've realised that dream now.

I've noticed - the later you buy a Tata vehicle the better it gets.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:55   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Ravi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi.abraham View Post
I'm Ravi Abraham, 36 years old (wondering whether I should change my handle to veteran
Hardly . We have a good number of ol' men on the forum.

Quote:
I've travelled extensively in our country, courtesy my adventurous rides and drives, besides my professional ventures. Biking from Pune to Goa (and back) as a 16 year old (don't ask me how) and from Goa to Kanyakumari and back are among my memorable trips almost 2 decades ago.
I have a feeling that you are going to love our travelogues forum section.

Quote:
I have just upgraded to a Tata Safari in Oct 09.
Nice, excellent highway comfort. 4,500 kms monthly running means you've been stretching her legs, haven't you?

Quote:
Without doubt a big "Thank You" to all of you at Team BHP who are doing an incredible and fantastic job keeping up such a website.
Thanks for that, and for signing up. I do hope you contribute toward building our extensive knowledgebase too.

We'd appreciate your taking a quick pitstop by our board rules section just once, for familiarity. See you around!
Old 25th January 2010, 12:05   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the board ravi.abraham.
Seems to be you are a real roadie. Hope you share your expreinces (incldg flying)with us. Your avatar matches to your profile.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks