Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 12:47   #1
BHPian

Finally made it!

Hi Fellow Bhpians, this is Ankur from Bangalore. I have been trying to become a membership for a while now but no rewards. But as most of you, I kept trying and finally made it . Oh god, does it feel good to be here.
Read through all the reading material, since I am damn scared of the moderators. You never know where you break the rules. I am pretty sure most of think the same way, but in a way it’s good for the forum.

I am marketing professional and yet to save up big time for a decent car. I currently drive a Maruti 800 and love it to the core. Even though is an old car, it’s amazing for the simple reason that its mine. That’s the simplest reason I can give to people who ask me why is it a Maruti 800, when I can possibly pick up an Esteem or a Palio or any other budget car like Santro. Love driving it around the city, feels zippy and returns a decent mileage as well. (I start rumbling again)

Heard about Tbhp from the Net. Most of the time when I would search for questions or car comparisons, I would land up in Tbhp most of the time. I am a very confused personality when it comes to cars (in the sense my choice of cars keeps varying). For example, a while back I loved the Punto, the Linea, and then came the Manza and then the Beat currently. The favorites keep changing ever so often.

I would be asking a lot of questions in the which car section ever so often due to my confusion in choosing a car. Hope the fellow Bhpians don’t mind.

I am a hobbyist photographer armed with a Canon 30D and a set of flashes and lens. The combination of driving and photography is one which fills my desires for a while but India seems like a very unsafe place to just take off by myself. Hopefully, other Bhpians go for shoots where I can tag along.

Already written too much, will post more on “Which car” section soon. Till then, thanks for taking me into your group. Hope I can contribute in some way or the other.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Read through all the reading material, since I am damn scared of the moderators. You never know where you break the rules. I am pretty sure most of think the same way, but in a way it’s good for the forum.

Welcome aboard.

You don't have to be scared of them, they are not cannibals.

Just read through the announcement section. Remember two golden rules.

1. Please post based on facts.
2. Credit the original authors/source.

Wishing you a pleasant stay here.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Welcome aboard.

You don't have to be scared of them, they are not cannibals.

Just read through the announcement section. Remember two golden rules.

1. Please post based on facts.
2. Credit the original authors/source.

Wishing you a pleasant stay here.
Thanks Sachinj12. will keep the golden rules in mind.

As for the moderators, its not that i am too scared of them. The point is that I dont want to loose the Tbhp membership
Old 25th January 2010, 16:15   #4
BHPian

Welcome mail.jaiswal on team - bhp, i saw myself accepted just yesterday.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11mahesh11 View Post
Welcome mail.jaiswal on team - bhp, i saw myself accepted just yesterday.

Thanks for the warm welcome Mahesh. Looking forward to learning a lot from the forum. Happy surfing Tbhp
Old 26th January 2010, 01:30   #6
BHPian

Welcome bro. You can have as many favorites as you can at the same time.
Old 26th January 2010, 14:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Are you Ankur Jaiswal from GIM batch of 2005-07 by any chance? If yes, just check out my profile pic and you'll know who I am? . We've got lots to catch up on.
Old 27th January 2010, 10:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Welcome bro. You can have as many favorites as you can at the same time.
Thanks Johnny. Hoping to narrow down the favorites to a bare minimum few and get them into my garage at some point of time in my life. "petrolheads under 6 lakhs" seems like a decent choice of cars to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Are you Ankur Jaiswal from GIM batch of 2005-07 by any chance? If yes, just check out my profile pic and you'll know who I am? . We've got lots to catch up on.
Dada, didn't know you were here as well. Just joined to learn about the AUto industry as much as the other guys here.

still into CS?
Old 27th January 2010, 10:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Dada, didn't know you were here as well. Just joined to learn about the AUto industry as much as the other guys here.

still into CS?
Yup, have been here for almost a year. Even Nikku Mittal is here, his id is Altohoncho.

Not into CS, mainly because no one else around me plays CS any more. How about meeting up and having a go again?
Old 27th January 2010, 11:36   #10
BHPian

Viper... Good to see you here, as always you'll land up in places not meant for you .... WELCOME roomie.

As a genuine advice, be aware of the rules of the forum and what to write and what to avoid, mainly avoid the 'spirit' of Goa. I have your photography protfolio and its really awesome. Your contribution to the Travelogue forum would be a must see.

I just returned yesterday from a four day trip to baptize my ride, met a lot of 'manly' people like Sarita D'souza, Himali and GD. Also happened to meet a Padma Vibhushan awardee Father D'Souza of our college. Didnt go to college though, met 'em in Panjim.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:31   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Yup, have been here for almost a year. Even Nikku Mittal is here, his id is Altohoncho.

Not into CS, mainly because no one else around me plays CS any more. How about meeting up and having a go again?
sounds good to me dada. However, i am pretty sure we are too old for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Viper... Good to see you here, as always you'll land up in places not meant for you .... WELCOME roomie.

As a genuine advice, be aware of the rules of the forum and what to write and what to avoid, mainly avoid the 'spirit' of Goa. I have your photography protfolio and its really awesome. Your contribution to the Travelogue forum would be a must see.

I just returned yesterday from a four day trip to baptize my ride, met a lot of 'manly' people like Sarita D'souza, Himali and GD. Also happened to meet a Padma Vibhushan awardee Father D'Souza of our college. Didnt go to college though, met 'em in Panjim.
Dude, learnt the habit of being in the wrong place at the right time from you itself. Had been trying to get through this forum for a while now but didn't get membership. Think the moderators saw through me.

saw your trip posts on FB. How jealous of you man. Want to get baptized myself, but then not getting a chance to. Goan roads beckon me, unfortunately, my boss seems to beckon me more. And yes, keeping a firm track of the forum rules as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks