Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 22:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Big Hello from CARDEEP

Hi all

I am a new member of the community , & wish to say hello to all of my fellow members (read auto entusiasts).

I have been watching the action from the sidelines since the last couple of years or so & always wanted to jump in. The membership happened by chance in the last week of Jan-X.

Yet would like to say "Better late that Never".

More about myself as follows:

1. I'm a CA working as a Manager in a FPO (sort of difference in my passion & occupation).

2. My family owns a Hyundai Santo-Zing (XG; 2003 Model) & a couple of bikes.

3. Bitten by the auto bug since my childhood, especially due to my childhood friend's family maternal grandfather, who would take us (4-5 children) on rides in his Ambassador/ Premier Padmini, with me & other kids enjoying the rides in the backseat (sofa). I remember watching him change the gears & wading through Delhi Traffic (Yes, I live in The National Capital).

Wish to enhance my auto knowledge & chare views with others.

Cheers
Old 11th February 2010, 11:48   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum Cardeep. A few things from the intro hit a chord:
1. Difference in passion & occupation -> Most of us should be working for a Auto company and designing the cars of the future OR should be testing the limits of the cars on some race track
2. Bitten by the auto-bug since childhood -> Only god knows what's with guys and automobiles . Ever noticed that there are hardly any (if at all) female members on this forum?

PS : Fantastic username -> CARDEEP
Old 11th February 2010, 13:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thank You SDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Welcome to the forum Cardeep. A few things from the intro hit a chord:
1. Difference in passion & occupation -> Most of us should be working for a Auto company and designing the cars of the future OR should be testing the limits of the cars on some race track
2. Bitten by the auto-bug since childhood -> Only god knows what's with guys and automobiles . Ever noticed that there are hardly any (if at all) female members on this forum?

PS : Fantastic username -> CARDEEP
Thank you SDP

Mr name is Pradeep (all I ad to do was to swap Pra- with a CAR, & bingo a username for the website). Being new, I will be updating my profile over next few days, so you could see new additions in my profile/ signatrue everytime I post a new message.

Your two observations regarding me would be applicable to most of the members (sort of 3-Idiots situation).

Most of Girls/ Females would like to be (i believe) members of Barbie Doll Forums, except few Danica Patrick/ Renuka Kriplani types.

Warm Wishes
Closed Thread

Most Viewed