Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 11:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi- Noop here!

It's a great feeling to be able to post on Team BHP- the first of hopefully MANY such posts!- and a bit of a relief since I really wasn't that descriptive in my "why do you want to join TBHP?" response

Anyway- here's my chance to wax a bit more eloquent. My name is Anoop (Noop to friends), am 35 years old and based in Pune. I got my 4wheeler license in 1993 and have clocked about 125,000 km driving myself around since then. I hate public transport in (Indian) cities and prefer driving even inter-city if I can spare the time. Strangely, as much as I love cars, the 2wheeler bug never bit me and I am pretty unmoved by the people raving on about their bikes (did I just lose half my audience?) To each his own- and I shall wax eloquent about my 4-wheeled babies!

I was born and raised in Mumbai, travelling pretty much by trains and buses through my formative years. First car in the family was a 1986 company-issued Premier Padmini that I wasn't allowed to drive, so let's count that out. My first real car was a '93 Premier Padmini BE, pale lilac (fancy way of saying off-white) MH02K51** that I drove almost exclusively (Dad is not a big car person though he gets some vicarious enjoyment through me) for about 21,000 km till I sold it off at the turn of the century. By that time I was based in Bangalore and driving my brother-in-law's Maruti 800 (neptune blue KA03N81**) a lot more than my own car- must have clocked about 10,000 km at least on that. Back in Mumbai and earning a decent package for the first time in my working life, I had almost decided to go in for a Santro when on impulse I test drove my colleague Vivek's Accent and realised it was THE car for me. On my 26th birthday- though I could barely afford it- I got myself a dark grey Hyundai Accent GLS. Dad was thrilled and promised to help ease the EMI burden whichever way he could. I drove that car (MH06M52**, later KA05MA42**) for 7 years and nearly 80,000 km before a move to Singapore intervened. Sold it reluctantly to the First Choice guys in Bangalore and headed to LahLahland where buying a car is not only expensive, it's impractical (public transport is efficient, taxis fairly cheap and extremely comfortable and the country ends before it starts). Come recession, we moved back to India, this time to Pune closer to family, largely Mumbai-based. Realised in about 5 days that public transport is non-existent in this city so went and bought myself a brilliant blue Swift Vxi 2006 with just 30,000 km under her belt, most of it city driving by a gentle doctor. In less than 6 months, we've added 12,000 km to that tally and my goal to is to top the roadtrips that we did all those years ago in Bangalore!

Shall post religiously here on TBHP- after all this has been the source of many a valuable tip for me- and will start off soon with a travelogue of a Goa trip a couple of weeks ago, my most memorable in recent times. Stay tuned!
Old 1st March 2010, 13:47   #2
BHPian

Hi Anoop. Nicely written intro there. And no, you didn't lose your audience. We're very much bitten by wheels in general, doesn't matter if they're 2 or 4.

Welcome to the Team!

See you around!
Cartman.

Last edited by Cartman : 1st March 2010 at 13:50.
Old 14th April 2011, 11:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi- Noop here!

Nice Intro Anoop. I enjoyed your travelouge on your trip to Aurangabad. Hope to see many more travelouges from you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks