Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 15:46   #1
BHPian

Hi All

Hi All,
Thanks a ton for Team-BHP for approving my membership request.
I am Sethuramalingam. I live in Bangalore and I am an IT professional.
My interest in cars started when i was in school and made me take up a mechanical engineering degree. (The fact i write code is a different story altogether.)
I own a Hyundai Santro sunce 2004 which I bought for my dad. My other interests are photography, history and tamil literature.
Iam looking to buy a hatchback in the next 6 months. Looking forward to an exciting time in this forum.
Thanks
Sethu
Old 12th March 2010, 15:59   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum Sethu.

I hear it is very difficult to get a membership these days, it should be too, the standard of the forum has to be maintained. So you must be delighted to get the membership.
Old 12th March 2010, 16:06   #3
BHPian

Thanks Vasanth. Of course I am extremely delighted. Got the membership approved on my second attempt
Old 12th March 2010, 16:35   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the board! Its nice that you are intending to buy a new hatch back in few months. The market is flooded with new hatches & in 6months we will come to know about their perfomances. This forum will be surely helpful to you in choosing a new hatch.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:57   #5
MX6
Senior - BHPian

welcome onboard. post some photos (of your travelogues). And about history and tamil literature, what grabs your attention?
Old 13th March 2010, 13:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
welcome onboard. post some photos (of your travelogues). And about history and tamil literature, what grabs your attention?
Thanks MX6. Iam interested in Chola history. I have been reading a lot on that subject for last 6 months. As many people I also hated history when I was in school, but now I find it interesting. Recently I had been to the Big temple in Thanjavur which is celebrating its 1000th year of construction. The feeling of being there in a place built by one of the greatest kings of South India was scintillating. I hope to go around a lot of places in Karnataka too soon. Especially, Hampi, Belur and Halebid. Hope I get the time to. About Tamil literature, I love reading novels based on history, even if its pure fiction. Ponniyin Selvan by Kalki is my all time favourite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Welcome to the board! Its nice that you are intending to buy a new hatch back in few months. The market is flooded with new hatches & in 6months we will come to know about their perfomances. This forum will be surely helpful to you in choosing a new hatch.
Thanks Sree, this is surely an exciting time. We are spoilt with choice.Hope to find a good car soon.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:04   #7
MX6
Senior - BHPian

My whole family is crazy behind Kalki Sadasivam's work! Ponniyin Selvan is probably the most amazing work! Brihaddeshwara temple has set many western people thinking as well. It's an architectural marvel. The mere fact of moving a 4 tonne single rock to the top of the big tower (the stone which is not available in the vicinity at all), as perplexed many analysts!
South Indian temples are architectural treasure troves!
Old 13th March 2010, 16:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
My whole family is crazy behind Kalki Sadasivam's work! Ponniyin Selvan is probably the most amazing work! Brihaddeshwara temple has set many western people thinking as well. It's an architectural marvel. The mere fact of moving a 4 tonne single rock to the top of the big tower (the stone which is not available in the vicinity at all), as perplexed many analysts!
South Indian temples are architectural treasure troves!
Yes it is amazing.Just a small correction, the top cupola weighs around 80 tonnes. Anyway I guess we are going off topic for this forum
Old 13th March 2010, 22:11   #9
BHPian

Congrats Sethu, Welcome on board. Did you went off topic a bit? Thats ok. Never mind. Im sure T-bhp will help you in selecting your new hatch. All the best for that. Keep up the good spirit. Wishing you a happy stay here.
Old 14th March 2010, 10:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Congrats Sethu, Welcome on board. Did you went off topic a bit? Thats ok. Never mind. Im sure T-bhp will help you in selecting your new hatch. All the best for that. Keep up the good spirit. Wishing you a happy stay here.
Thanks a lot Deepu. I have been more or less addicted Team-BHP for the past six months anyway. I sure am hoping to get a lot of help from gurus out here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks