Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 14:25   #1

Team-BHP is one herd I am proud to be a part of

Greetings everybody.

This is Srikanth here from Bangalore. Thanks to this forum for approving my membership request really fast.

After completion of studies in Bangalore, I went on to make my career in finance.

I got my driving license on a Suzuki Esteem in Bangalore in the late 1990's. Shortly after that my job took me to Toronto, Canada. One winter of minus 20 weather and I was desperate for a car. Soon I was sitting behind the wheels of a 2001 Chrysler Sebring 4 door sedan. By the time I sold the car in late 2006, I had clocked more than 100,000 kms on the odo. It was my faithful companion as I moved across Canada and the U.S.A over five years. Late 2006 saw self and family move back to Bangalore. Was looking for a practical, no-nonsense car for immediate use and zeroed in on a Tata Indigo LS diesel. Transitioning from automatic to manual was a challenge for about a month. The Indigo is true VFM and going to the diesel pump to fill up is a relief. Soon the wife had the need for a vehicle and was looking for a low cost automatic. The Santro automatic came highly recommended and I had left my number with one of the Hyundai dealers to call me if a used Santro auto came up. Soon enough we got one. It had run around 30,000 kms. The previous owner had jazzed it up with alloys, tubeless tyres and reasonably good ICE. The wife and me have driven more than 15,000 clicks on the Santro automatic and I must say, I just love the car. I can run it like a bike and can zip around town like an autorickshaw. Having been impressed by the Santro, I was on the hunt for a SUV to replace the Indigo. Late Feb 2010, chanced upon an ad for a used Hyundai Tucson CRDI. Tracked down the same and found a 2007 Tucson with 24k clicks on the odo. Vehicle was in immaculate condition with complete service record, Stanley leather interiors and so on. Closed on 10 lacs for the car and fulfilled my dream of owning an SUV. I have to thank Team-BHP for the resources available and the very useful reviews that helped me in my decision.

Will post photos soon of my bull - my Tucson CRDI and my pet Santro Auto and before I forget my Honda Activa.

Cheerios for now and thanks again for making me a part of Team-BHP.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:51   #2
BHPian

Hello Srikanth. Nice rides you got there. Do post your ownership experience, especially of the Tuscon.

Welcome to the Team, err.. In your case, Welcome to the Herd!!

See you around!

Cartman.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:32   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Herd? You've reduced us to animals! Anyway, I loved the sebring. I used to drive a sebring touring convertible in US (rented vehicle ofcourse). When I did a long on the florida turnpike with the top down, it was pure bliss.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:19   #4

Hi CARTMAN, thanks for the welcome and appreciate the kind words re my rides.

I never tire of doing this, but here goes - its "Tucson" not "Tuscon" pronounced - 'Too-zon'

I look forward to being an active member of Team-BHP.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:29   #5

Hi MX6, Thanks for the reply and no offense meant.

Re the Sebring, I know exactly what you mean. When I put my Sebring sedan up for sale, most of the calls I got went, "Oh, its not the convertible then"

Thanks again and see you around.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed