Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 17:02   #1
BHPian

Long time follower| Finally a member!

Hi all you fellow T-BHPians out there.

I've been following the biggest automotive community in India for a LONG time now. DIY was my favourite searches on the forums. I am a DIY person myself. Over the years, I've put together a fine set of tools that I am extremely proud of. Anyways.. I suddenly had an epiphany that I should join the largest group of Auto Fanatics in the country and also contribute to the larger interests of all.

Me, I was a car lover from as far as I can remember. I got so much in to cars that even my Dad also started taking interest since I was 6 ~ 7 I think. I subscribe to 3 disparate auto magazines just to keep myself in the know. However, I could only get the first cut on the new VW Polo no where else but the TEAM-BHP website. It was a fantastic review. Covered absolutely everything I was looking for. That's the day I decided to join the forum.

I currently drive a Fiat Palio 1.9D. My previous car was a Fiat Palio.
I had sold my previous car in search for a better car and I ended up realizing that Fiat is THE car. This was about 2.5 years ago. I went ahead and bought another 2003 Fiat Palio. I got a real nice deal. I bought it from an IT Professional who stays next to his workplace. The car was practically new when I got it. It was not my favourite colour but that will do. It was in a great condition and I couldn't resist it.

Right after I got it, I changed the wheels. Upsised by 2". Boy was it difficult to find 98 PCD wheels. I eventaully managed to get hold of a set and the kind that I liked. I got NANKANG 205/50R15 performance tyres on my new rims and she had just gotten prettier!!

I then got ICE set up. I got Rockford Fosgate component speakers and a Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer installed. These are driven by two amplifiers: One 4 channer and another 2 channel bridged for the sub. Monster cables all through. The Head Unit is a Pionner. I also got an iPOD interface for my head unit. After this, I never had quiet drives.

I also got racing stripes to make it look meaner. I was going for the FORD GT 40/ Mustang look. The broad stripes with a narrow gap. I am very prooud of the way it came out. I cannot tell you all the amount of effort I put in to convert the flat side view mirrors to Convex! I LOVE this car a lot!

Sadly though I am planning to sell it to get myself the new hot hatch the VW Polo. I am extremely disappointed though that the Polo 1.6 Petrol has been delayed. I have put my sale plans on hold for now until the Polo 1.6 comes out.

Looking forward to the great discussions and contributions on TEAM-BHP!
Old 15th March 2010, 17:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pedal2Metal

Thats a nice nick you got there. Welcome aboard. Those are some sweet wheels you got there on the Palio. What rubber are you running? Since you are a DIYer, you should find the DIY threads interesting and you can contribute some yourself. Take time to stop by the Rules to understand the working of the forum.

Drive safe
Old 15th March 2010, 17:31   #3
BHPian

Thanks Dippy!

She is running on NANKANG 205/50R15. They are really good with grip on the corners. Never heard them on corners.

I have been following several DIY threads on here. Infact a fellow team BHPian and myself recently worked on a friend's santro and Esteem. We have pictures. WIll post them soon.

Oh by the way! I completely agree with you on the Jag XJ!
Old 15th March 2010, 17:48   #4
BHPian

Here are some pictures of the wheel and tyre:

Note from Team-BHP Support : Welcome. Please note that our rules require you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2010 at 20:26. Reason: Welcome aboard. Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks