Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:24   #1

Late arrival into Team BHP, Well, Better Late!

Hello All,
I am Samarth, a retired Merchant marine Captain, a long time engine head, and a brand new arrival into the Team BHP family.

The first car I ever bought/ owned was an army disposal Willys that I picked up by my own money on my 20th B'day. Kept it for a year, broke the chassis and sold it little realizing what it could have meant later.

Next cars were an M800 also sold now, A 1996 Sumo DX, a 2004 Honda City V-tech now turbocharged, a 2006 Optra 1.8 LT, a 2009 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT, and now a 2003 Gypsy.

Always interested in engines, I've worked on my own cars making friends and enemies alike in several workshops.

Hope to post pics of the garage soon
with warm regards to all.
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to an obvious gearhead! I presume you've already parked yourself somewhere in our Technical section? Do visit the Commercial Vehicles forum too; there's some great discussions on ships (including a test drive report ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Kept it for a year, broke the chassis and sold it little realizing what it could have meant later.
I know just how you feel. We deeply regret selling our ol' Merc fintail...a car that would have been a true classic today.

Quote:
a 2004 Honda City V-tech now turbocharged
Sweet garage, though this car stands out. Being a 2004, this is the NHC (Dolphin shape) we're talking about? Details please. This could possibly be the only NHC running with a blower in the country.

Great to have you with us, Captain!
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Sweet garage, though this car stands out. Being a 2004, this is the NHC (Dolphin shape) we're talking about? Details please. This could possibly be the only NHC running with a blower in the country.

Great to have you with us, Captain!

only 1 problem. i dont think the NHC had a vtec option in 2004. it came out later when the zx was launched.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Captain. If my knowledge holds true then you're Captain Samarth from Autopoint (ProAutoMods), correct? If yes, then it's great to have such a erudite person on TBHP.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had an opportunity to meet with you, Captain, truly, it is a great experience!

Anyways, for those who are interested in seeing his turbocharged city, here is the pic which I clicked yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Late arrival into Team BHP, Well, Better Late!-dsc04297.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 16:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Captain, welcome to team-bhp from your namesake . Lovely garage you have there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks