Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2005, 16:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fellow Freaks

I just heard about this site last night and decided to register my self.

I am Ishan from Delhi/Moradabad and I am a Entrepreneur. I have been in love with cars as long as I can remember and was really pleased to find a site like TBP so I can interact with like minded enthusiasts.

My current ride is a 2003 Honda City VTEC. The following additions have been performed :

185/60 R14 Goodyear Eagle F1's
HKS Free Flow End Can
Alpine CDA-9813 MP3 Head Unit
Velocity 130.1 Speaker/Crossover Kit (Front)
Velocity 170.1 Speaker/Crossover Kit (Rear)
Velocity VRT 6.5" Bass Tube
Sony XM-222 Amplifier (Driving the Bass Tube)
Sony XM-504Z Amplifier (Driving the Speakers)

I have already done 75k in this car in less than 2 years and have enjoyed every second of it. Planning to buy a new car next year and like many others I am absolutely torn between the Skoda RS & the Accord.

I also have a large collection of Car videos so if anyone is looking for something specific I would be happy to help. Also I read all good International magazines (Incl. Evo, Car & Driver, Autocar UK, Car, Sport Compact Car) so if anyone needs any help with those please contact me. I have also written for Auto Motor & Sport back in 2002 and helped them out with their Annual World Cars feature. My writeups included BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo etc. etc., this was when Gautam Sen was editor of the same.

A short list of my favourite cars includes:
All M cars
Porsche's
Ferrari 575/360 CS/288 GTO/250 GTO
Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing
Bentley Arnage
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33/34
Dodge Ram SRT-10 (Would be perfect for Indian Highways!!)
etc. etc

Well that's about it looking forward to being part of the community.
iraghava is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2005, 16:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Raghav and that intro sure packs a wallop!!!

Look forward to your contributions - read the rules, stickys, etc etc and join the fun!
Old 6th October 2005, 17:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, enjoy your stay.
Old 6th October 2005, 19:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
welcome to tbhp and have a great stay.

Rev
Old 6th October 2005, 19:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey ishan
check this thread out.it should help you decide between the accord and the Rs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ghlight=accord

anyway enjoy your stay.

Rev
Old 6th October 2005, 19:49   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey dude,
welcome to T-BHP.
Nice Intro.
Enjoy your stay here.
Old 7th October 2005, 12:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

Thank you Steeroid, Sridhar24, Revtech & Lamborghini. Revtech I read the forum you mentioned but remain as confused as I was before reading it.

I mean I really like the Accord but it is a bit large and I like the Skoda RS too but its too clinical & detached, my friend has one & I have driven it extensively but it just feels too remote & there's not much seat of the pants feel if you get my drift. Especially when you compare it to the VTEC that I drive now. But on the other hand the RS/Rider Turbo can be tuned easily (I know companies in Germany/UK that can tune it to 230 bhp & it is very easily achievable with just a chip change & a race exhaust) and the Accord I am not so sure about the tuning. So well the conflict continues.

One idea in my mind is to buy the Rider Turbo and then give it the RS front spoiler, change the wheels to BBS/OZ Racing 15" alloys w/215/60 R15 tyres and give it the chip & racing exhaust alongwith a big brake kit (if there's enough money left). That should be a monster worth driving.

Note that I said 15" & not 16", that's because my friend has had major problems with the stock 16" wheels as the roads here are quite bad and the bumps & potholes have resulted in two ruptured tyres within the first 12,000 kms. We have had it retrofitted with 215/55 R16 but even that is only marginally better. The advice we were given by various sources was that in 16" 60 profile tyres rubs against the bodywork under load and on sharp bumps so its better to stick to 15" & 60 profile in the interest of maintaining a decent ride & longevity of the suspension.

But if any member has tried something else for the same problem I would certainly like to hear about his experiences. (I think I will post this in the Accord vs RS forum too)
Old 7th October 2005, 12:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome irahava to team-bhp!

have fun and enjoy!

Cheers
Old 7th October 2005, 15:18   #9
Team-BHP Support

Welcome fella. thats an impressive resume you have here. Good to see delhi population rising(finally)
Old 7th October 2005, 15:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Revtech I read the forum you mentioned but remain as confused as I was before reading it.

hahah i thought as much read this too.specially the first one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7684

rev
Old 7th October 2005, 17:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hahahah That's a great thread and yeah in my 2-3 days of browsing & reading on the site the only conclusion I have had is of more confusion but well I would prefer confusion to absence of knowledge anyday!!!!

(Well that's not entirely true, I have also found lots of useful stuff too)

And thank you BUSA & tsk1979 for the welcome I am also looking forward to enjoying the site & the community.

And tsk1979 Yes, I was also surprised to see that there were no tbp meets in Delhi I would certainly like to organise one & meet the other freaks in/around Delhi.
Old 7th October 2005, 18:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome

Hi Iraghava,

Boy!! thats one pretty resume.

Welcome aboard the forum and hope you have a great ride!! :-D

Drive on!!
-Shibu.
Old 8th October 2005, 12:59   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Iraghava,

Wow, thats some interesting intro. Welcome to the Team.

I own a 2003 Vtec too and have told numerous RS owners that the "mechanical and road feel" present in a Vtec is really absent in the more refined and european RS. I actually find the Vtec a lot more fun to drive....my high powered sliding go-kart, shall we say? The Accord, however, is not as much driver-oriented as the RS.

GTO
Old 8th October 2005, 15:21   #14
BHPian

Hey man...have a great time on TBP....you have the same favourites as I do(I would add the F430 to the Ferrari garage...and maybe the Enzo)..enjoy your stay here
Old 8th October 2005, 16:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thank you shibujp & sid for the welcome & the compliments, I am looking forward to a lot fun here on TBP.

And yes GTO I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. The VTEC had bags of feel and character (I know both are abstract concepts) but you can just feel everything in the car from the seat of the pants. You know exactly how much accelarator you have left to press, while braking you know exactly how close you are to wheel lockup and well my favourite part is the steering feel and the fantastic gearbox. In my mind the steering & gearbox feel (or the lack of it) can break or make a car for me & for the OHC it does wonders.

But the best part of any VTEC is revving the engine right upto the redline and enjoying the scream and (even after 2 years) roaring performance. I know that the RS/Accord are faster but looking at the price & the driving experience the VTEC offers it is still a giant in its own right. I have driven the RS extensively but it always leaves me feeling very cold and remote from the experience. It is significantly faster once the turbo kicks in but the lack of feel is a significant let down and it seems that as if the car & you are moving in different dimensions. A good car should always feel as if it is an extension of your body and both the RS & the Accord lack that. That is why the when I consider moving from the VTEC it gives me a sad feeling. I would hate to see such an enjoyable car go.

It is actually a high-powered go kart of sorts with the darty steering and the crashy ride ! But I have also managed to lose it twice when I overcooked it on high speeds and the resultant slide had me facing the way I was coming from ! Still trying to figure out whether the VTEC snaps at the limit or whether I am not good enough

Ishan

P.S. I think shantanu had made a thread on tuning VTEC's but I am unable to find it could you help me with that ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed