Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 19:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bhpians

Fellow BHP-ian,

Hope aal izz well as you read this post. I am Karan, and have been a "lurker" on this forum for quite sometime now. I am based out of Pune, employed with a BPO in the capacity of a Senior Manager (Delhi is my home town though, born and brought up types).

After a couple of attempts at getting myself registered, the ever watchful mods obliged. The 1st rejection was actually a pleasant surprise. The rejection meant that someone actually goes through the trouble of reading whats written in an application form, which to me is a reflection of proffessionalism that this forum conducts itself with. Also, if you get something after a bit of effort, you value it more, don't you?

I stumbled upon T-BHP a year or so ago whilst searching for some test drive reviews (I was in the market for a new ride). I got the reviews and a lot more. I have gone through numerous threads here and in the process, have become familiar with some of the BHP-ians (hope I'm spelling this right) and their Team BHP "charecteristics" (could not find a better synonym). I will take the liberty to pen down some of my observations :
  1. GTO - The friendly neighborhood mod, very keen on keeping the house clean. Great job thus far. Best automobile reviews ever ..... period.
  2. Sam Kapasi - Great journies (not just travel). Brilliant travelouges, AWESOME sense of humor (Don k@ pakadna mushkil hee nahi .....), does his best to get away from "engine wengine" stuff. Wish you a good life with "The one" (cant get the trademark "r").
  3. Alpha (or Alpha 1) - Love your avatar pic (headbanging smiley).
  4. Aggoswami - Almost always bullets / numbers his posts.
  5. Arka / Mr. Behram D. - I have no idea what offroading / Jeeps are all about. Thanks to you two, I am developing an interest in this very intriguing sport. As of now, I know the 4*4s have something called "differential" and "diff locks". Dont know what they do though.
  6. Heartiest congrats to the recentky crowned "distinguished BHP-ians". Some that I can remember are JK Das, BensB and Arka.
  7. Also, I believe B-Blost is the latest addition to our mod junta? Congrats.
  8. Tsk 1979 - AMAZING trevlogues, brilliant pics. You sure are putting the white elephant to good use.
  9. Rudra Sen / Samurai - Photography par excellence. I always believed in a "point and shoot" philosophy (capture nature in its "natural" glory). But given the technicalities involved (aperture / shutter speed et all), it sure is not easy. Its almost like painting a picture.
  10. Iraghava - Tyre guru from bhaiyyaland who LOVES to party and party hard.
I have missed a host of folks here, but I hope to catch up with all you fine gents (& ladies) from time to time. God bless and keep revving.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 12th April 2010 at 19:23.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats quite an intro Urban Nomad and I quite like your handle. You seem to know most of Team BHP even before you started posting. Pune has quite a number of BHPians who meet up often. You should catch up with them. So tell us more about you and the cars you own.

Take a stop at the Rules section to understand the workings of the forum

Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 13th April 2010, 09:53   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Urban_Nomad. You sure have got your observations on most of the gang spot-on, I must say. It's always a pleasure to see a long-time lurker turn into an active member.

Have you gotten your Linea yet? We have a ton of information on this excellent sedan. Do screen through (if you haven't already). Also appreciate your stopping by our board rules section, just once, for familiarisation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
The rejection meant that someone actually goes through the trouble of reading whats written in an application form, which to me is a reflection of proffessionalism that this forum conducts itself with.
Believe me, we are very serious about what we do
Old 14th April 2010, 18:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the kind words Dippy and GTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Urban_Nomad. You sure have got your observations on most of the gang spot-on, I must say. It's always a pleasure to see a long-time lurker turn into an active member.

Have you gotten your Linea yet? We have a ton of information on this excellent sedan. Do screen through (if you haven't already). Also appreciate your stopping by our board rules section, just once, for familiarisation.
Yes I have GTO (1.4 e-pack). She has just completed a year. I intend to put up a detailed ownership report once she gets her second service (have clocked about 17k kms). Should happen shortly.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th April 2010 at 16:33. Reason: Fixing quote. Make sure it ends with a [/quote] tag. Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks