Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 18:41   #1
BANNED

Hello everybody

Hi I am Sudarshan from Pune, (home of TATAS ,Bajaj, & most importantly The unrully horrific traffic !)
I love every kind of machinery,specially Autos.I loved them since I was a toddler (now I am 43). I ate & slept with those toys of mine then (quite literely). Today also I still have retained some of those toyes. (now my son plays with them.

Look I am not very well with english ,forgive me .for that

Well to start with my introduction : I have studied Law (so many years before that my First law book was the Moter Vehicle Act 89 ! ) wait But I am not a practicing lawyer. I wanted to become an enginer but-- I took a wrong side with Maths & ended up in law. Anyway I am a caterer now , a Cook simply to say, wait not exactly,( though I do cook often) I manage a marrige hall of our family.

That was the non auto thing, it was 1980 when I bought my first spanner set (side ones 6 to 22) from chor bazar I was only 13 then & tried it successfully on my bicycle. ( dont worry the bike was & still in 1 piece & running ) I finnaly endedup in doing a cource ,2 wheeler maintenance (Univ.of Poona) that gave me a real insight. It was 1985 . Then I got my first bike Yezdi 250 (though it took a lot of pursuituation to my father )

The funny part of it was I learned riding a foot gear bike on it only,till then I havent ridden any motorcycle (my friend brought it home for me that day) Any way since then collecting tools ,doing own repaires & maintenance & collecting books has become a Passion.

Today I have a Land Rover series 2a which I have restored myself ,a Landmaster(hindustan) 55, a Jawa CZ 1950 (250 cc) & the Yezdi. I also use & maintain my dads 89 model 4x4 540. till today.

I have a habbit, when I acquire a machine I try to get a workshop manual for that ,then I start doing all the maintenance myself, in that process I dont Rent tools but I buy them . Now this Habbit has got me a lot of material & tooling . I think it has sucked alot of money But finally I have got to a point where I do not depend on anyone (except the lathework type jobs ) Now I have a 2mm spanner to weilding equipment ! of my own .I never had a lot of money but I had the drive & passion .To day I can weild ,paint, do engines ,gbs all that myself.
Now It has entered a new phase I FOUND YOU PEOPLE just a2-3 days back I found this site . They got me registered But made me Impatient for membership . I wrote them thrice in 2 days .Finnaly it came.

I am very happy now. Thanks to all those who took me in.

Some thing Is special here The RUSH OF ENERGY I can feel it . I am a regular member of other such sites also But this is different.

This seems a long---- Introduction though .Please forgive
Yours Sudarshan (Vaidya)

Please Feel Free to criticise me & show me where I am wrong.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2010 at 18:53. Reason: Corrected formatting for better readability :)
Old 15th April 2010, 18:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Sudarshan

That's an interesting Intro there, do visit our board rules in Announcement section to get acquainted with them.

Hope to meet you in one of the Pune Meets soon (Keep Checking the Meets section)
Old 15th April 2010, 19:00   #3
BHPian

Hi Sudarshan! Welcome to TBHP. Where in Pune are you residing? I used to stay near FC Road.

Quote:
Hi I am Sudarshan from Pune, (home of TATAS ,Bajaj, & most importantly The unrully horrific traffic !)
Err, you forgot something that was even more important, the Merc

Quote:
I love every kind of machinery,specially Autos.
When I was still a kid and living in Pune (about 8 years back), I was fascinated by those diesel autos. Would love to sit in that because of it's exhaust sound

Quote:
Today I have a Land Rover series 2a which I have restored myself ,a Landmaster(hindustan) 55, a Jawa CZ 1950 (250 cc) & the Yezdi. I also use & maintain my dads 89 model 4x4 540. till today.
Woah! Nice cars there. You would find great companions in the vintage sections of the forum. So how much of an off-roader are you?
Old 15th April 2010, 19:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

The strange, but honest from the heart introduction is appealing. You don't have to be an English professor, but the way you have conveyed your journey with wheels has conveyed the underlying passion.
Welcome friend, You will find a thousand friends like minded. Enjoy your stay here.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:53   #5
BHPian

Welcome Sudarshan to the forum. Hats off to the passion for that restoration knack of yours. I would like to hear more about the Rover more, it is one breed that still stands out.
Enjoy the forum and happy motoring.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:57   #6
BANNED

It reminds me ---

Well pratikm You reminded me, I am not a Petrolhead ,I am a DIESELhead, you know ..Cumbustion ignition ! But after nearly 20+ years of driving diesels ( Heavy class also) has Taken its toll ,I am going to convert my landy to Petrol. (it is 1 rs/km costiler though).
Yes I am a strange guy ,when I was a kid I used to enjoy the burnt(half) smell of diesel more than any perfume .Hey how many of you have travelled bet Mumbai to Pune specially from 1975 on wards & upto 85 ? The Whole ghat( khandala) was Two way(no express way & no one way lane) .You could feel the heat & black smoke which the Heavyweghts emmited directly to you when you were passing by! yes I enjoyed it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks