Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 17:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

I am here!

Hi everybody!

After 2 years of dedicated reading, I have decided to join T-bhp as a member. Ever since I discovered this community, there has been no looking back. In my early days at t-bhp, I restricted myself to a visiting member who would surf for information and reviews alike. However, slowly the number of interesting topics discovered by me went up; and so did my interest to contribute. I recently decided to join.

As far as my 'official' info goes:
1) My name is Abhishek.
2) I am in my higher twenties.
3) I belong to Delhi and am a Punjabi boy.
4) I work in Bangalore as for an IT Product company in the Product Management/Business Analytics sphere.
5) I am an engineer from one of the N.I.T/R.E.C (National Institute of Technology)
6) Oh yes, I am happily married to my now wifey for the past 2+ years.

The more interesting things:
1) I am crazy about CARS and BIKES alike( CARS>BIKES- 60/40).
2) I love to travel and want discover the whole India and world.
3) My current vehicles include Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi-2006; Daewoo Matiz- SP 2001 (bought 2007); Bajaj Avenger DTS-i -180.

Oh ho..I will in the market for another car in roughly around 6 months with no decision made on it. My new ride could range from:
1) Upcoming VW VENTO.
2) Upcoming SKODA Yeti.
3) Used Honda CIVIC.
4) Used Chevy CAPTIVA (or any other SUV within reasonable budget).
So, you see I have varied tastes. Let my t-bhp journey begin. I am here and here to stay!!
Old 13th May 2010, 19:59   #2
BHPian

Let me take the pleasure of welcoming you to the forum. Your new ride would certainly be worth looking out for. Choices from all car segments.
If you have some passion for automobiles and you start surfing here it just becomes a matter of time when you get addicted to it. So naturally you are going to stay.
Enjoy the forum. Cheers!!!
Old 13th May 2010, 22:37   #3
BHPian

Hi there Abhi! Welcome to TBHP

Quote:
1) Upcoming VW VENTO.
2) Upcoming SKODA Yeti.
3) Used Honda CIVIC.
4) Used Chevy CAPTIVA (or any other SUV within reasonable budget).
If you can afford a Skoda Yeti (which will be priced 17l+), then why would you go for a used Civic? Same for a Captiva, you won't get one below 13l.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Varied choices for simple reason

Prateek,

The varied choices are for a simple reason: My budget is fixed and choices are varied.

Basically I am going to look for a car that is fun to drive, high on quality, and have a good image too. And Yeti@17L is out of my budget. I was kinda hoping that they may launch the base version at 12L.

Anyway, I'll put a separate thread for my need is the right section. Good to read early responses!
Old 14th May 2010, 12:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Prateek,

The varied choices are for a simple reason: My budget is fixed and choices are varied.

Basically I am going to look for a car that is fun to drive, high on quality, and have a good image too. And Yeti@17L is out of my budget. I was kinda hoping that they may launch the base version at 12L.

Anyway, I'll put a separate thread for my need is the right section. Good to read early responses!
Hey Abhi, welcome aboard.

6 months and 12 lakhs, will lead to a lot of choice and of course confusion , we are talking multiple segments and options here ... all the best for your journey.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks