Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 18:45   #1
BHPian

Veni, vidi, vici!!!

This really has been a long time coming... my introduction, I mean. It's really funny how, after a long period of contemplation, one finally decides to take the plunge, and then out of nowhere, umpteen other things gang up to gobble up all of one's time to the extent that one does not even find time to introduce oneself. Life is indeed strange.

Anyway, enough of my raving and ranting. I'm Jaydeep, 28, a computer engineer by profession (yeah, yeah, I heard the "Aww c'mon, not another one!" comment), and a car enthusiast at heart. Married, with a one-year old son (who's already showing signs of becoming a car enthusiast), I generally spend the better part of my wakeful life sitting in front of a computer screen doing things I don't fully understand for people I don't fully understand. Why, o why, did I choose to be one of them?

I have a been a regular visitor to Team BHP for a long time now, courtesy Google. In fact, I still find it quite difficult to switch off my visitor mindset. Even today, I logged in with the express intention of introducing myself, and ended up browsing through a few W124 threads instead .

Cars, and anything else with wheels that can run itself, have fascinated me since my nappy days. It runs in the family I guess, as Dad has been a Tata Motors employee for his whole working life of 44-odd years (he will retire this year, thankfully). Me and my dad used to tinker around a lot with the old Premier Padmini that was our first family car. A Maruti Omni followed the sale of the Padmini, followed by a Suzuki Wagon R (2004 model), which is my current ride on 4 wheels. My daily driver and personal favorite is a 2 wheeled dinosaur, an LML Adreno 2001 model (yeah, I can hear muffled chuckles). It is this vehicle that actually drove me to sign up on this website, and I shall be putting up a few queries about it shortly. In my stable, you will also find a TVS Scooty Pep (the wife-mobile) and a Honda Eterno scooter (Dad's daily conveyance).

"If wishes were cars, beggars would drive" goes an old saying, which applies so well to "middle-class" blokes like me. The Tata Safari Dicor is a personal favorite which I hope to own someday. The plethora of threads on Team BHP about people who have bought and restored W124s never fails to entice and enthrall me, as I am also one of those unfortunate few who can, as of now, only dream to own (and more importantly, maintain) such a fine piece of German engineering. Among the "phoren" cars, I am also in love with American "muscle" cars, the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 in particular. The Ferrari 288 GTO and Lamborghini Countach are also personal favorites. Last but not the least, the Tucker '48 is one of those marvelous pieces of historical engineering feats which I find truly remarkable. As for more favorites, the list is endless...

Other interests include reading (though I hardly find the time for it these days), travelling (never miss an opportunity to go Konkan-side, my "Malvani" origins are partly to blame) and real estate.

I hope that you will find my presence here delightful and enjoyable, and I look forward to a long and fruitful association with all of you.

Ride On!!!
Old 24th May 2010, 19:43   #2
BHPian

Hello Jaydeep

I also deferred my intro thread because I was quite nervous and the existing topics @TeamBHP kept me occupied for weeks on end.

Dad at TATA motors and you cling on to Maruti <smiles>

I know.. I know

The Countach is still on my room wall in my old residence. I might post it here someday.

Cheers
Old 25th May 2010, 12:42   #3
BHPian

Hello...

Hello JC,
Nice to see your reply. As for the Dad - Tata Motors - WagonR equation, there is something you actually don't know . The story is that my elder brother was also associated with the auto industry for a couple of years after he finished his MBA from IIM-L. No prizes for guessing who his employer was. This car was actually his choice. Now you know!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks