Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 00:07   #1

My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP

Thanks to Team BHP, I got my new car Cedia 2010 Sports model with a new color Pasture Green in Chennai. It is exactly a week since I have owned my Cedia and I have already clocked 1000Kms with a drive to Bangalore and Back.

Cedia - Mitsubushi is the best car I have driven - Pure Driver Car and I needed a forum to rave about this beauty. My friends, colleagues and family are getting tired of me endlessly talking about the car in just a week. So where did I turn to - the best place for a car lover - Team BHP.

So thanks for letting me out into this forum.

I will publish my ownership report, first 1000km report with more photos soon. I want to thank the cedians group which made me solidify my desciison to buy the cedia over a civic or an altis or a cruze. Ultimately a car has to be chosen by instinct and backed up by solid data. This is my third car in India and it is a Cedia. I love my Accent too but Cedia's drive power and handling is unmatched on both NH7 and Pondy Bazaar from one week experience.

Bye now,
Arun
Attached Thumbnails
My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img00040201005161436.jpg  

Last edited by Arun Rangamani : 27th May 2010 at 00:18.
Old 27th May 2010, 00:32   #2

More Photos of Cedia in Pasture Green will come in tomorrow

I have been driving for 17 years now and always am worried for the first few months about some bump/scratch to the new car. The Cedia being dual colored - bluish green - the sales guy said it is the first cedia in this color and the only car with that color is in Outlander - so is a beautiful color to watch in different shades of sun.

So am very watchful of the car and treat it like a new baby.

The great thing is its torque output in the second and third gears - awesome and the at 2000rpm it generates a lot of displacement that I actually toyed with a Jetta in NH7 while returning from Blore. There is a certain section between Hosur and Krishnagiri where there is a hilly terrain and so a lot of trucks interject the two lanes. So the faster cars fightout for the empty spot to overtake the trucks. So it was a fun game for drivers. The other car was new too and the driver was acting up, and I showed Cedia can stand the Jetta and I outpaced the Jetta quickly knowing fully well the other driver will be needled. He came rushing by behind me and then i did not want to prolong his agony and let him pass me as I dont want to go beyond 100KMPH with my family in the car. But the initial displacement even at 2000rpm both at 2 and 3rd gears was good enough to outpace a VW fancied car with german engineering.
Old 27th May 2010, 00:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

From one Ceduced member to another

Hi Arun

Congratulations on the new Cedia. Welcome to tbhp and to the Cedizens club.

Pasture Green is a beautiful colour. Here is a link for you to explore. It takes you to my post where not only will you find your car colour, as & when it was first posted here but also a host of other tbhpians all Ceduced by this beauty of a car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1730823

We will look forward to your reviews and more snaps of your Cedia's interiors (is that your son I spot in command ) as well as the exteriors. Happy motoring.
Old 27th May 2010, 01:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.
I'm yet to see this colour in the flesh. Do post a lot more snaps.

Does your car come with GPS enabled? Or is this the latest version without GPS but with reverse parking camera?

Do they now give the RalliArt stickers only below the mirrors? Or did you ask them to not put it on the rest of the front and rear doors?
Old 27th May 2010, 02:08   #5
BHPian

Hey Arun congratulations on your purchase.
I hope you have thousands of happy miles with this beauty.
The fact that you have done 1000 kilometers with this car in 7 days itself proves the fact that it is a true driver's car but I hope you kept the rev-in period in mind on the highway to Bangalore.
Even I am yet to see this colour on road but from the photo it looks more like graphite pearl rather than Green.
Kindly post more pictures
Thanks
Old 27th May 2010, 02:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey welcome aboard! Nice car and equally nice color. I guess the Lancer too had the same color shade one of many. I guess someone got it painted it that way. It brings different shades in the sun. Waiting for more pics in the open.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to hear that you possess a Cedia.Indeed its a great car.Enjoy and Happy driving.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:59   #8
BHPian

Hey Arun,

Welcome to team bhp.

i have driven the cedia once, and the car is a beauty to drive, congratulations on your new baby.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Cedizen's club. I did the same during my Bangalore trip last year. Shaking off my tail was such an easy and exciting thing to do. And cars left behind were a Skoda Octavia, an SX4, a Honda Civic and a City. And Finally shook off a defiant Elantra. Drivability - Brake and Accelerate - No other car comes close to this machine. And the amazing braking confidence with all wheel discs.
This color is new? I am yet to see this color on road.
Which part of Chennai you live? Would love to take a look at the machine soon.
Congratulations and safe driving.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:34   #10

Thanks RajaTaurus and all Cedizens, I feel overwhelmed by the replies. When I had booked the car and was waiting for the car to be delivered, (this was sometime in May 1st and 2nd week),I found myself yearning for a look at any Cedia on the road and If I ever saw one (totally I must have seen around 7-8 Cedias on the three weeks and I travel around the city a lot) my heart melted.
Color Story -
I had initially booked a Nordic Blue based on the unique value and I am blue person. So when the Sales Person called me and informed me that they had stopped Nordic Blue, I was broken a little and I first time saw the Nordic Blue posted on this site and also saw a live one in T.Nagar. Then I decided to go for Rally red as that was the week MRF Mitsu team won the WRC using the EVO car and the advt on THE HINDU last page showed the Rally car in Red in all its mud-glory.
But the Shrewd Sales guy called me again the same day and told me that HM is introducing Pasture green (which is actually peacock green/blue - dual tone etc) and convinced me to visit the Maya Motors showroom as there was a lancer which has come in for service and I can see the similar color in this car. I went there and saw a sleek lancer standing there in all its green glory. I thought it was an year or two old and the driver standing nearby told me it was 10 years old and has crossed 120k Km. Stunned a little, I went up the showroom's first floor and checked the pasture green on a 2010 Outlander. I liked this color but still asked for a discount as I was still a blue person and was disappointed in any case. The sales head agreed and gave me a 20k Discount.
Now the story is when the guy again called me a week later and told me that my car has come from the factory, I saw the car first time in pasture green, I fell in love and thought Nordic Blue is beautiful but Pasture Green will soon be my favorite color. (This color was also different from the earlier Lancer color).
I have posted some more photos taken from my friend's iPhone below. I will take more photos and post it soon.

Meanwhile as responses to some of the questions posted to me and a quick comment -
1. I found a beautiful rally red Cedia standing outside Sangeetha restaurant in RA Puram sometime in May 2nd week early morning and I think that might one of you folks as it had team bhp stickers on the bumpers. So cool and classy looking and ready to charge - Cedia.

2. I live in Velacheri area near Gurunanak college and work in Mount Road + TTK Road in Chennai.

3. Yes. That is my son, who wanted to ensure that I get rally stickers which my wife was not so pleased about. I have some white stickers which I have not pasted.

4. Yes. The GPS is dropped but you get a reverse camera which is decent but it will come on in the reverse gear if you have the bluetooth on a call.

5. The side skirts are there but the rear spoiler is missing in the basic sports edition. Also the blue tooth is given in this car and I am using it fully. Kenwood system. The Sales guys have no clue on what this sports basic model is and I was actually told that I will not get side skirts, no blue tooth, no side stickers and it will be like Cedia Spirit, but that was wrong when the car was delivered.

6. I have put in 3M screen on the car and am not so happy with it as when the car was plain without any sunscreen, it looked classy but too early to comment on that aspect as Chennai is having its hottest week of the year.

7. Well take a look at the photos and let me know and thanks for offering tips on maintaining the car. My CHIEF worry is some joker on the road bumping and pasting/removing paint on the sides or the rear

Rev-In and Break-In Period
8. I kept the break-in or rev-in period (1500 Kms - I suppose is decent but not sure) as much in mind and the way I did that was not exceeding the 2500 rpm at any cost and by varying the speeds between 80 to 120 Kmph. But the power output in the Cedia and the excitement in me to overtake some of the fancy cars at occasions on the Highway made me a little less cautious. Hopefully I should be ok. But the question is is there anyway to know I have not had a good break-in period
Attached Thumbnails
My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_0892.jpg  

My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_0893.jpg  

My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_0895.jpg  

My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_0896.jpg  

My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_0897.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 14:46   #11

Hi Arun,

Is your new Cedia a Sports version or has HM/Mitsu come out with another variant that is just below the Sports version with a few trimmings. What i see from the snaps is oak wood finish on the dashboard curves. I have a Manchester Red Cedia (Sports version_ Nov 2009) without the wood finish and complete ICE equips such as GPS/NAV, Bluetooth etc.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Rangamani View Post
1. I found a beautiful rally red Cedia standing outside Sangeetha restaurant in RA Puram sometime in May 2nd week early morning and I think that might one of you folks as it had team bhp stickers on the bumpers. So cool and classy looking and ready to charge - Cedia.
That was precisely me. I was there at RA Puram Sangeetha Rest. on 10th May, around 9:15 a.m. Well, my car has Team-bhp stickers, but it is not Rally Red, it is French Claret Cedia Spirit. (See pict below)

Well, the bumpers are completely Rubber material, impregnated with paint pigment and it doesn't peel of on rubbing or scratching like most other cars do. My car rear has been scratched 'n' number of times and the paint doesn't give way a bit.
Check the bumper in this picture. This is after about 2 years of Chennai driving.
Attached Thumbnails
My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-cediasticker.jpg  

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 27th May 2010 at 14:59.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:03   #13

More Photos of Cedia in the message below - I took the back view of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_08941.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 16:17   #14

Wow. The french claret looks good too. Great I saw the same car around 9 am.

Appreciate the photo.

Arun
Attached Thumbnails
My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_08941.jpg  

My CEDIA Sports brought me into Team BHP-img_0899.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 17:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Somehow, no matter how many times you look at it, this vehicle never ceases to amaze.

Umm on your next visit to the service centre could you have them remove the dealership stickers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks