Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 20:21   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Five speed Maruti 800 is a terrific car. So much power to carry so less weight! But an India tour in a M800 is simply awesome. You are where you should be. Welcome to T-Bhp.By the way, drive safe. We would like to see you around for a long time to come.
That is so true. That car used to comfortably cruise at 3 digit speeds. Loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
aah haha! i can relate to that! have had my car for almost 4yrs and my bike for 10yrs and the only person who drives/rides them machines is ME! i've not even let my dad drive/ride them!

on a much serious note, please take precautions while driving on account of your seizure. i too have seizures (rarely now), but these crop up when i'm very tired, not rested or wake up suddenly. i've to always make sure i'm well rested and wake up slowly and to the side. one time i woke early for a long drive - blacked out and fell backwards on a glass shelf. woke up with lot of glass shrads in my back

take care and welcome to the gang!
Thanks for the advice. I am being much more careful now. I have had to wait for so long to get to drive again, so I do everything necessary to prevent it happening again.
Regardless, I just drove down from Kolkata to Hyderabad and dad came along. I drove all the way

As regards the guesses. Most were predictable misses . All except this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Let me guess, from Punjab or Chandigarh.
I am impressed sir. Full marks and a free refreshment. I am a sardar. Belong to Chandigarh.
Old 31st May 2010, 23:26   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil_appu View Post
BTW, my full initials are BTZS Appu. A free refreshment for anyone who correctly guesses which part of the country I am from.

I had guessed you had to be either from Hyderabad or from NCR - the two places with the rashest drivers in India (unless you count the bus drivers in North Kerala, who probably count as the rashest in the world ). Well, since you have said you are from Chandigarh, I am still left wondering if you did some growing up in NCR / Hyderabad?

Great to hear about your good luck and that you are keeping good health and kicking!

Hope you get to fly again soon. And good luck with the sobering down with driving speeds and driving behaviour.

I know how how hard it can be. My own favorite driving speed on 4-lane highways used to be 140-150 kph. I am in the midst of a Cochin to Jamshedpur trip now (reached Raipur now via Bangalore, Hyderabad). Had a bout of Vertigo couple of weeks before starting off on this trip. Vertigo means everything around you keeps spinning, and your head cant balance. Was bedridden for a week, and still no clue what caused it. Made me realize how fragile human body is. Doctors told me that it could reappear anytime. So, on this trip I am keeping myself to 100-110 kph.

Same here on letting anybody else drive my car. I get more tired when somebody else drives my car, than I myself drive it. In fact I get awfully irritated and annoyed when I am in the passenger's seat. So, by now all my relatives and friends have learnt not to take the driving away from me!
Old 8th June 2010, 19:40   #18
BHPian

Apologies for bringing this up here - but what's the legal position on driving and epilepsy in India? Are you allowed to drive if you are epileptic?

UK and Ireland has slightly different laws to this, but basically it's along the lines if you haven't had a seizure in last year or so, you are allowed to drive. Otherwise you are not. And insurance and other companies will use this as a reason to not to pay out if anything was to go wrong. Just curious.

PS: My wife used to be epileptic, and she was not allowed to drive. She had a lesionactomy in 2008 and has been seizure free since (touch wood ) and she's now working towards getting her full license.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevil_appu View Post

Thanks for the advice. I am being much more careful now. I have had to wait for so long to get to drive again, so I do everything necessary to prevent it happening again.
Reddevil - Bravo Zulu on getting back in the drivers seat. Nice to see you on the forum. Take care and drive safe.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro, man. And drive safe.

Your repeated mentioning of doing up the car Punjabi style did make me think you are from PB/CH. But your 4-letter initial made Andhra seem a perfect fit - had a AP friend in college with the initials as GNSRS. Never came across a longer initial ever since ie. 20 years.
Old 8th June 2010, 21:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
Bravo Zulu on getting back in the drivers seat
hehe, i know what that means for now, i'm Oscar Mike to find dinner
Old 10th June 2010, 15:05   #22
BHPian

Wow! You've been on one BIG rollercoaster ride and reading your posts, looks like that you are adding more loops and taking multiple rounds. Please be careful on the roads. Drive safe.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hehe, i know what that means for now, i'm Oscar Mike to find dinner
OT ; @ Hawk. Hope you found some.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks