BHPian

Hey Dude

Welcome man!!

Go 4 IKON
Old 27th October 2005, 13:10   #17
BHPian

Hi,

Welcome to forum....
Since FIESTA is hitting roads next month, 1.6 IKON is phasing out & 1.3 is going to stay. Depends how long you are going to keep this car. The car value deprciates a lot while you are selling.

Corsa being a older engine & no refinement made recently - not advicable.

You can try out baleno with upgrated in aesthatics & also some new features added, like Auto Climate control, tubeless tyres....etc....

Cheers,
Old 27th October 2005, 15:06   #18
BHPian

hey 3f3f, welcome to the forum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
it seems like at least some of my dad's colleagues are gonna join t-bhp soon...
way to go veyron1.
Old 27th October 2005, 16:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fast-3furious
Hey all....

i am a 23 year banker from Baroda, Gujarat....
Just guide me which mid-size car should i prefer for a city like Baroda with some average quality roads and hell of traffic....should it b IKON 1.6 or Indigo or a Corsa.....
Pull me out of this pit of confusion, yaar :-)

Chill...!!!!
Corsa is aged, insipid in design and not trendy. Indigo........... ride it to see / feel it........ there's a huge turbo lag, from the time you floor the pedal to the time the turbos kick in, you can take a nap, the vibrations shake yr bones, you need cottons in your ears to block out engine noise inside the cabin.

Wait for 15 days, the Fiesta is hitting the market; you should be a ble to get a petrol verson if you bargain hard between 6 l to 6.5. The 1.6 ltr 100 BHP Duratek engine packs one hell of a punch and is years ahead of the Rocam engine of the Ikon. A fusion is another alternative with the same engine if you like a hatch.

IMHO, if you buy a car, it must be different, if the budgets all around appeal permit. We need to take a break from the Maruthis, City, Indica's, Santros and Ikons which are seen everywhere.

Hope this helps,

--AMR

------------------
Old 27th October 2005, 16:28   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
IMHO, if you buy a car, it must be different, if the budgets all around appeal permit. We need to take a break from the Maruthis, City, Indica's, Santros and Ikons which are seen everywhere.
Thats a novel way of thinking. Kinda like me and cell phones
Old 27th October 2005, 16:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
you should be a ble to get a petrol verson if you bargain hard between 6 l to 6.5. The 1.6 ltr 100 BHP Duratek engine packs one hell of a punch and is years ahead of the Rocam engine of the Ikon. A fusion is another alternative with the same engine if you like a hatch.
Bargain hard on a new launch .. Don't think Ford will entertain that if the car is a hit ..

Autocar review says the this 1.6 engine is not as punchy as the Rocam in the Ikon, although it's newer tech ...
Old 27th October 2005, 18:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Bargain hard on a new launch .. Don't think Ford will entertain that if the car is a hit ..

Autocar review says the this 1.6 engine is not as punchy as the Rocam in the Ikon, although it's newer tech ...
The low end grunt, between 1000-1500 rpm is a bitch, race it above 2000 rpm the duratek will lick the rocam any day. The low end grunt on the rocam is better (also what the mags say) duratek is a generation ahead in many other ways.

-- AMR

----------
Old 27th October 2005, 18:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Welcome

Welcome to the forum 3fast 3 furious...as for your question you are 2 fast and 2 furious:-D.

but my vote is for the Ikon 1.6. But test drive all the cars and then take your pick..

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 28th October 2005, 02:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Thats a novel way of thinking. Kinda like me and cell phones

well you certainly wouldnt buy an n-gage or a sx1. I have done so.

buy 1 dat suits you. but here are some options from my side

fiat petra1.6 an excellent Dual cam engine that sprints and also gives good FE as quoted by all owners here. they say its gives 10-12kmpl in city. NOthin is as sturdy as this car after the arjun tank

ford ikon is the best drivers car with the rear seat comfort thrown in as a bonus. the small steering wheel is a joy and FE is not bad either. Good value after recent price reductions and no its not goingto be discontinued as it is Ford's bread and butter model.

hyundai accent is the best allround family car. Comes with abs and has the hundai price. FE same as others but is not a drivers car but a jack of all trades.

maruti baleno is a maruti and hence no1 can beat it on price. The vxi comes with spoiler and a climatronic a/c and 14" wheels.

tata indigo gsx is the ulitmate luxury car in a budget. dont let others fool you about the reliability. Many have had problems but Tata takes care of your car properly.

anything else is garbage.

my pick

1 fiat petra/maruti baleno/ford ikon
2. hyundai accent or tata indigo

see which cars meets your requirements and then select one.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 28th October 2005 at 02:39.
Old 28th October 2005, 09:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

3f3f,

welcome to the gang ! as for ur query - the Ikon 1.6 it is ! best drivers car , a very good suspension , good ground clearance , decent FE , nice looks , punchy engine , comfortable rear seat and comes with a boot aided with a mouth watering price now !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 28th October 2005 at 09:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks