Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 16:59   #1
BHPian

Brought here by Tata Nano

Hi,

My name's Raja and I stay in Kollam, Kerala. A garments retailer and a small time computer software developer/vendor.

You can actually see more of me here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/kollamraja.html

Being on the wrong side of 50, I'm not exactly a spring chicken though my new Nano makes me feel and behave like one. In fact my Nano has been appearing in Team-BHP since 17th April 2010 through my good friend, popularly known here as 'trrk'. He's the one who opened my eyes to Team-BHP a few years back and regularly sends me interesting links, mostly travelogues. Inspired by them, we did take a shot at writing our own http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...partially.html

I'm a die-hard Nano fan, the recent 'smokey starter motor' episode not withstanding! My experiences with the Nano and the eagerness to share them through the forum prompted me to finally register. I'll start by posting in the thread 'trrk' has started for my Nano.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ends-nano.html
Old 11th June 2010, 18:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a Nano owner getting busy on TBHP. Keep us updated on the Truth about the Nano.
Old 12th June 2010, 14:24   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Raja, and congratulations on the Nano! I am a self-confessed fan of the Nano, simply because of the philosophy behind the car, and what it offers for the price. Indeed, an engineering marvel if I ever saw one.

Please do take a pitstop by our board rules section to get familiar with our policies.
Old 12th June 2010, 14:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Team, Kollamraja!

BTW, the pic in your profile was taken at Varkala, my home town...
Old 12th June 2010, 15:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Raja,....I am a self-confessed fan of the Nano, simply because of the philosophy behind the car, and what it offers for the price. Indeed, an engineering marvel if I ever saw one.

Precisely my sentiments too. Credit really must go to trrk for introducing me to the Nano saga since the day Mr. Ratan Tata announced it. And the day I set eyes on the first pic of the Nano, I fell lock, stock and barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Welcome to the Team, Kollamraja!

BTW, the pic in your profile was taken at Varkala, my home town...
Oops! were we trespassing?
You are blessed to have it as your home town. We had a great time there and the antics of the paragliders ridge surfing made it a double treat.
Old 12th June 2010, 15:58   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Raja, Welcome to TBHP. I really liked the way you have written your intro.

Wishing you a long, trouble-free & enjoyable ownership of the Nano. And hope you enjoy your journey here on TBHP.
Old 12th June 2010, 22:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Wishing you a long, trouble-free & enjoyable ownership of the Nano. And hope you enjoy your journey here on TBHP.

I enjoyed your intro too, and it makes me proud to see the fact that teambhp is such a diverse "team". Welcome aboard.
Old 13th June 2010, 16:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I enjoyed your intro too, and it makes me proud to see the fact that teambhp is such a diverse "team". Welcome aboard.
Thanks condor, Amartya. You and the others have quickly made me feel at home here. I wonder what 'diversity' Amartya noticed in me, though.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollamraja View Post
Thanks condor, Amartya. You and the others have quickly made me feel at home here. I wonder what 'diversity' Amartya noticed in me, though.

The diversity I was referring to was mainly the age, location, profession and most importantly a sense of humour.

Other than the love of cars/travel etc., I feel lucky to be able to be a member of a group that can help and provide insight to just about any topic under the sun. As you'll soon discover, teambhp becomes a part of your daily routine, like a cup of tea with a newspaper.
Old 14th June 2010, 09:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi,welcome to Team-BHP.

We used to have discussions about your Nano we have meets at Alapuzha.

The Sumo pix, trrk posted too was your?
Old 14th June 2010, 11:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hi,welcome to Team-BHP....
The Sumo pix, trrk posted too was your?
Thanks, jkdas. That Sumo has been mine since 2000. Before that it was owned by trrk.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:19   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

@Raja, so you're the one who has TRRK's Sumo .. cool. How's it doing now ? And how much has it done now ? (Btw, my primary drive is one of those )
Old 14th June 2010, 12:34   #13
BHPian

@condor, Its in fine condition as always. Engine work was done almost a year back. Its done a total of a little over 1,68,000 kms.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks