Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 11:38   #1
BHPian

New Member here !!

Hello Everyone !!

I have been a member of Team -BHP for over 1 year now but this is my first post as a matter of Intro.

It is my belief that GTO, SidIndica and few others write exceptionally well and it is a treat to read their notes as its a great learning experience to understand cars. Team BHP is probably the best site that I have seen. And a true spirit of democracy in a different way - of the car lover, for the car lover and by the car lover !!! Some great folks here have an amazing work here. Kudos to each of you and the mods.

I used to have Maruti 800 about 15 years back, then Toyota Corolla when I was in US, have driven Camry, Nissan Infiniti SUV, Le Sabre among others. My last car in India was Hyundai Santro, LP and in the bad roads of Indore gave an average of about 15 +/- 1 with partial AC on and on highways within MP gave an extended average of 19 kmpl.

I believe that cars needs to be maintained properly for us to derive benefits from it. If we humans have mental fatigue, then these mechanical things have metal fatigue !!

I love driving and I consider myself as a safe or they would call in US a 'defensive' driver. Not that it has deterred me driving at a good speed but I distinguish between a good driver and a reckless driver. A driver is bad even at a speed of 30 km per hour as well.

Am in the process of shorlisting a car. We are a family of 4, and will soon be buying a car and am also waiting for some of the new launches - VW Vento for instance.

But will probably open a separate thread to discuss about my needs and requirements with some advise from Mods.

Ciao,

Aaren
Old 30th June 2010, 14:02   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to teambhp Aaren. Have a look at the "what car?" section before opening a new thread. There are many others who have asked a similar question.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Member for over 1 year? But I see the join date as Feb 2010 & its only been hardly 6 months. Anyway, Welcome to the forum.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2010, 20:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice handle 'aaren'. Is that your name too ? In that case nice name. I liked it. Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your stay. Infinity SUV ha ? Its a beautiful machine. They make very good looking cars those Infinity folks. Enjoy your stay here bud.
prince_pervez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2010, 12:08   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Aaren..

I really liked the statement of 'mental fatigue' and 'metal fatigue'.
ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks