Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 15:59   #1

History

Hello Team-BHP members,

I have put up a post earlier and just wanted to introduce myself here. I am currently based in Göttingen, Germany where I pursue a PhD in History. My research project deals more generally with the emergence of an automobile/transport infrastructure between early to mid-20th century India. For further information on this see my earlier post @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-19...e-traffic.html

After two early bad experiences with driving vehicles - one with a tractor which I drove into my grandmother's clothesline, the other with my father's car which stopped seconds before crashing into our house wall - I have never made it to possessing a driving licence myself. My interest in this website is based on my academic work and general curiosity as a frequent user of public transport in the automotive age. I look forward to having discussions with you of mutual interest and would be very happy for any information you are willing to share in regard to my project.

Best wishes,
Stefan Tetzlaff
Old 31st July 2010, 19:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Stefan,

Welcome aboard. A PhD in Modern Indian History sounds interesting!

I'm sure you'll find a lot of information here, though you're probably going to have to dig deep!

Regards,
R
Old 6th August 2010, 17:04   #3
BHPian

Welcome Stefan,

Are you from India?

Because, if you are Indian & you went to Germany just to learn Indian History, then it will be very much funny.

Otherwise, if you are german, just wanted to know what inspired you to learn about Indian History?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks