Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 00:25   #1

Hello!

Hey everyone!
My name is Aaditya Nair and i'm 20 years old.
I'm from Bombay, Hiranandani Gardens Powai to be more precise.
i've been a frequent team-bhp visitor. Probably more frequent than most people here. Haha! kidding. I surf the classifides very often. Almost bought a couple of things too!
I own a black 1990 HM Contessa 1.8GL 88BHP
A pretty ghastly Pulsar 150 which is fit for the Weird and Whacky mods section. (long story short, was a friends bike till it caught fire while i was riding. So i bought it off him. )
And i'm in the process of acquiring an RX100 from a friend (needs full restoration, and when i say full i mean FULL ).
Also i ride a friends R15 a whole lot, its as good as mine (just hope it doesn't catch fire like the last bike i borrowed l
Anyway! i think thats enough of an intro
I hope to have a whole lot of fun here. And learn from the guru's we have around

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th July 2010 at 00:29. Reason: See the note at the end of your post
Old 9th July 2010, 00:42   #2
BHPian

Hey Aditya ! Good to know another BHPian from Mumbai. Powai you said? Usually come there for go-karting and sometimes Kasbas too Can we have some pics of the muscle car? Sad to know about the Pulsar incident, hope such a thing doesn't repeat itself. Wear a helmet and ride safe
Old 9th July 2010, 07:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jugger,

Welcome on Board. Nice to know that you are visiting classified and bought some items. If so why don't you write the experiences of your classified purchases.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:24   #4

Hey hi Jugger,
look like you purchase things you spoil... hahaha lol..
I m as new as you are here. i too have the habbit of surfing classified in the morning, i have this Yamaha135 rxg lying underneath by place (Bombay) . need serious restoration. lets do this together.

I would be assisted with a lot of my close friends mine for restoring my Yamaha and Zen. to be honest they are more motorheaded than me.
Harish - working with engine & chassis design department at Mahindra Nasik
Manpreet - Uncertified talented motorhead who soups up his car all by himself .he is a senior manager for HP.

Write to me when you want to start..

Enjoy & ride safe.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:13   #5

Do you come karting often prateek? i haven't gone in a few months now.
whats the fastest u've gone around? We should organise a race. That would be awesome!
Hey Mr. Navan, I've bought an Ibanez GRX20 guitar and a roland microcube amplifier from the classifides. Both from moderator Dippy's brother Kartik. Love the guitar so much, i barely play it! haha! I haven't got time actually. I'll get back to playing it soon. Both items were 8 months old when i picked them up. Absolute mint condition for something that would usually see a lot of wear and tear.
Very happy with my purchase.

i've been trying to upload pics of my car to the garage option. it says i dont have permission yet. probably after this post.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:23   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Heard of cars that catch fire. First time I'm reading of a Bike that caught fire while someone was riding it. What exactly caused the fire?
Old 9th July 2010, 16:26   #7

I was riding at around 60(bike doesn't have a speedo). A friend was riding behind me and saw the fire first. I just felt a bit of warmth near my feet and looked down to find my engine had caught fire. Rode the bike for a good 50 meters before i could jump off at a safe place. Fuel was leaking from the pipe as it was too short. The most annoying part was the same day, in the afternoon i had gone to get the pipe replaced with a longer one because i was losing a lot of fuel as the pipe kept coming off and the bike ran on the fuel that was in the carb for a while. I'm guessing the fuel finally caught fire because of some naked electricals that i meant to fix later. The bike was on fire for close to ten minutes as there was no water around. Had to wait for a huge drum of water to get filled by a tap that was meant for people to wash their hands!!
Anyway. The bike was not too damaged. The electricals had to be replaced and my k&n filter was completely charred. Carb needed some new parts and bike needed to be repainted. Luckily it doesn't have any plastic parts on it so it wasn't too messy.
She's all fixed up now. Runs great. Apart from the slight rattling noise from all the Fabricated metal parts. hehe!
Old 10th July 2010, 00:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First time I'm reading of a Bike that caught fire while someone was riding it
MX6 - Read it as Bike = Pulsar & do not classify RX under it

Being a RX owner, I'm happy to see another RX fan & would love to hear your full RX restoration plans.

Welcome aboard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks