Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Yet another Conti fan !!

Hi guys, my name is Mukund and just into TBHP!!! Before registering myself i was regularly visiting TBHP for all my car cravings.Now i am a registered newbie,Coool..A lil intel about myself-
From Palakkad-Kerala,B.E CSE,currently Employed in IT in Kerala,loved cars since i remember,likes playing computer games,hanging out,gadgets and techie-stuff.I am also a Rock fan and i enjoy reading books and mags too in my free time.
I recently bought a 98'Contessa 2.0Dlx and its my first ride
My dad has a SantroXing and a 60's Standard Herald -actually granpa's .
Yup u guessed it right my family is full of motorheads!I'm looking forward to all your support and advice on the Conti as i intend to look after her very well and probably some modding too.My kudos to all the Bhpian's and the moderators on keeping the forum active and up-to-date.
Bye for now...
Old 13th July 2010, 19:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first to welcome a fellow conti fan. Welcome Mukund. Im sure that you will get glued to these threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...a-classic.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ification.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-wip-pics.html

and please post some pics(exterior & interiors) of your conti.
Old 13th July 2010, 20:27   #3
BHPian

welcome mr.mukundmenon

if any case, you have a slightest doubt, you need to call miyer from bangalore, who is the right man at present, for anything and everything regarding conti...

pls post pics of your conti, and my sincere advice would be - if you plan any painting, tinkering, in future, pls keep the conti as original as it can be, bcoz i have seen lot of altered - modified contis, which may turn heads, but soon lose the charm...

try to think of a big function in a 5star hotel, where usually only the mercs and the beemers, have a preferred parking spot in the portico itself. go to such a place, in a good looking, original looking, contessa, and you will get the same respect... i am saying this bcoz in my real life experience, my conti got parked right in the center of a 4star hotel portico, while a skoda laura was politely taken away to the parking lot...

thats the respect a true blue conti gets...

have fun, do safe motoring, dont rip the conti, never dump the clutch, and always wear seatbelts, while driving...

regards, have fun days ahead with your conti...
Old 13th July 2010, 20:37   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard mukundmenon and congratulations on the Conti. It's a great car with tons of space - always loved it.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:18   #5
BHPian

Thanks guys...I really appreciate your efforts on supporting the Conti fans.I had gone over numerous threads (like above) before i decided on buying a Conti.As i was convinced enough that will always have my fellow Bhpians to help me out with any problems i may have.About the pics i'll have to resize them and upload.
@Badboyscad-i am a FAN of you work! i have seen what u can do in PS and really loved your perfection.you may have to help me out a bit coz i plan to repaint my Conti soon and i just can't seem to make up my mind on the color!
@shekaran- yeah, i'll keep that in mind about tinkering and all.I don't intend to mod the looks of the car (in fact i adore it!), just the performance/handling part i hope i can improve on because this is my first diesel and i really miss the Petrol performance!
Old 14th July 2010, 22:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mukund,
It is nice to have you here in the ship. Hope you will have a nice sail here with your Contessa. Let you tell about your comfortable Conti here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks