Team-BHP - And along came a nuttie!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   And along came a nuttie! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/8725-along-came-nuttie.html)

Hi everyone,
Heard about this site from my good friend Steeroid, and thought I would give it a try. Been watching from the sidelines for the last few days, just to check the place out before moving in!

I am based in Kozhikode, or Calicut (Kerala) for the uninitiated. I drive a Ford Fusion and also own a Maruti Alto, which is useful for the city, where it is difficult to park anything larger than a a pack of cards :)

Ciao
Brainscooper

Hey Doc!!!!

Good to see you finally got around to registering your presence. A lot of us here could use a head doc.........

Welcome, read the rules and join the party!

Guys - brainscooper is a well known neurosurgeon, and the one who with his mentor set my vertebrae back in place after they got slippery. We go back to school days in Cochin.

welcome aboard brainscooper.Wishin u a gud time here.

How come u fixed the vertebrae of steeroid when you are a neurosurgeon.Does the vertebrae fall in your scope or is it theOrthopaedician's.Just got curious and suddenly all those CNS( central nervous system) PNS( peripheral Nervous system) and synapse terms popped in my mind from nowhere ..those college days..:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by muni
welcome aboard brainscooper...wishin u a gud time here..

How come u fixed the vertebrae of steeroid when you are a neurosurgeon..does the vertebrae fall in your scope or is it the )Orthopaedician's..just got curious and suddenly all those CNS( central nervous system) PNS( peripheral Nervous system) and synapse terms popped in my mind from nowhere ..those college days...:D

Let me answer that - when your vertebrae slip out of place, causing a sciatica of the nerves, which in my case led to the loss of movement in the left leg, the neurosurgeon is your best bet of getting your limbs back.

I got mine back, which is good enough for me. You may also remember from your college days that the spinal chord is an extension of your brain and that it passes through your vertebrae...

Things like PLR, LIBOR and LC just came to my mind...those borrowing days :D

Welcome - tell us more about the Fusion - is it as tough as it looks ?

Hey bro,
welcome abaord and enjoy your stay here

Hi,
First of all, thanks for the warm welcome.
Vertebrae
This is a common area operated on by both Orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. For the former, it is the pinnacle of their life, along with joint replacements. For the latter, it is the place to cut your teeth, as disc and some spinal surgeries are the easiest of all Neurosurgical cases. I said some, because spinal cord surgeries are amongst the toughest!

Fusion
It has a great engine, and I havent had any major problems with the body, unlike some press reports. A few minor squeaks were put right almost immediately. Looks tough, but like they commented in Top Gear (BBC) "try off roading and it will curl up and die". Nevertheless a good car for most motoring, and gives a decent mileage (10kpl in the city and 13 on the highway)

What an appropriate nickname - Welcome to the team, Brainscooper.

The Fusion is a fabulous choice but only at the revised pricing. I do hope you got some hefty discounts. We recently found a deal for the Fusion OTR Mumbai at 5.8 for the base version. It is way superior to the Ikon in everything but the looks. Then again, looks are subjective.

GTO

Welcome to Team-BHP Brainscooper, have a great stay here. Great to have you with us.

hey dude

welcome to tbhp man.have a great stay.

rev

Welcome mate... enjoy your stay

Hey Doc, have a nice time around. Enjoy!!

Hey,welcome to team bhp.com !.. hope I'm a doc soon too !!..my Final year MBBS exams are coming up in Dec.-Jan. !
P.S.I'm also interested in Neurosurgery !..!..so,will come for training at your clinic/hospital !! ;)
once again,welcome to the team !

sr

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
What an appropriate nickname - xxxxx Brainscooper.

Reminds me of Sir Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter...
:eek:

Welcome to the forum, brainscooper, have a great stay.