Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 22:44   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

I like driving.

But ever since I turtled a 6 month old Contessa Classic way back in '91, I had a rather long 'cooling off' period with a sedate 800, upgraded to my present modest Zen.

On an accidental visit to the VW showroom recently, test drove the Polo 1.2 straight to my office 10 min away and ended up booking the 1.6.

Ever since, the 'enthusiasm to drive' is on an incredible high, glad to have come across this forum in all my carzy searches for 'Polo Reviews' on the net.

Was in steel & ship breaking business ( 10 years), currently into handmade papers called 'many hands' (11years) and will be into adventure sport equipment in Jan 2011.

Being a bachelor allows me to have photography & travelling as my passions. Covered 3 F1's, Malaysia & Singapore. 1st time in 2000, won an exclusive grand Mobil package on Star Sports to the Mercedes Paddock Club of the Malaysian GP.

Cheers.
Old 28th August 2010, 01:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome manubhai!

Have an involving stay on Tbhp. How about posting your travelogues of the F1 coverage even though old and of course we will look forward to your ownership review of the 1.6Polo. This time around wishing you lots of click and absolutely no flip!
Old 28th August 2010, 22:24   #3
BANNED

Quote:
On an accidental visit to the VW showroom recently, test drove the Polo 1.2 straight to my office 10 min away and ended up booking the 1.6.
Manubhai are you serious about this? :-)

Welcome to the addictive Team-bhp ,now tell us more about how many times you tried registering in here and also let us know your photographic skills.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Welcome manubhai!

Have an involving stay on Tbhp. How about posting your travelogues of the F1 coverage even though old and of course we will look forward to your ownership review of the 1.6Polo. This time around wishing you lots of click and absolutely no flip!

Thanks a bunch for the 'click without the flip' good wishes Khoj.
Will post up the F1 clicks soon.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

"*Manubhai* motor chali POM POM POM". I love it & brother no offense intended. How lucky to have name that resonates with melody & then mentions about cars in the opening stanza itself, Welcome aboard.
Pls do share your POM POM & CLICK CLICK experiences with us and some more about that ship breaking business.

Raab Rakha.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Manubhai are you serious about this? :-)

Welcome to the addictive Team-bhp ,now tell us more about how many times you tried registering in here and also let us know your photographic skills.
Got lucky with 2nd attempt to join in. Could'nt believe the rejection the 1st time around (think they made a mistake earlier) ;-)
Thanks for the welcoming in, Joshguy. Absolutely serious Joshguy, in fact I never even knew about the existance of the 1.6. It all happened kinda fast; decided to book the car, then the friendly sales guy mentions the 1.6, I said 'even better'.
Will post up some pics, though i've not done road trips, but a fair bit of wildlife, F1, & landscapes.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
"*Manubhai* motor chali POM POM POM". I love it & brother no offense intended. How lucky to have name that resonates with melody & then mentions about cars in the opening stanza itself, Welcome aboard.
Pls do share your POM POM & CLICK CLICK experiences with us and some more about that ship breaking business.

Raab Rakha.
Always glad to cheer you up with the POM POM POM Ariesonu. Thanks buddy for the POM POM welcome Yeah it does fit in place on this forum: 'manubhai motor chali...', nice one !
Was in the ship-breaking business long back, '96-'98. Wrecked a '45 Canadian naval vessel called HMS Ottawa in Alang, Gujarat, then another Russian cargo vessel in Kakinada, AP.
All i've got of the salvage;some vintage woden barrels, trunks, captains desk & the sextant. Will post up some pics soon. Cheers.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

Raab Rakha.

Aha, you're a marine surveyor, no wonder the interest in the ships. I've really had one helluva experience in that one year i spent in the 'largest graveyard of ships in the world' - Alang.
Btw, love your profile pic - my favourites.
Old 29th August 2010, 22:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I'm actually a Captian too. Most on TBhp dont know that. Worked on Tankers & LPG ships before taking shore assignments.

Before any MOD points this out. You can edit your post within 20 mins of posting. Check the above ones, you posted two back-to-back posts within 07 mins.
This comes quite handy on here..

Asterix & Obelix have been my all time favorites & ofcourse those mischevious cat & mouse T&J.

Raab Rakha.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks