Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 06:02   #1

Hi fellow BHPers!

Hello BHPers,

First off - thanks to the Mods and the team behind Team BHP - they are doing a superb job! This forum is invaluable in terms of knowledge and opportunities for friendship.

I live in Singapore at the moment but hope to spend more and more time in Bangalore in the coming period for family and work. Hope to meet some of you as time permits.

At the moment I dont have a car - its been a while since that was the case and Im enjoying the interlude. However, if you look in my profile, I mention some of the cars I have owned over the past 20 years.

My goal here is to learn from fellow forum members (especially from stories like the great travelogues that have been posted by fellow members) as well as contribute a story of mine from time to time...

See you around the track!
Old 4th September 2010, 01:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hello and welcome to the team, Squidink!

Just curious, what's story behind your username?

See you around!
Old 4th September 2010, 08:04   #3

Hi Anekho!

Thanks for your warm welcome.

To answer your question fully -

The username I took is a small tribute to a few personal things

1. Alfa Romeo Osso de Seppia (Squid tail) - the 1966 Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider (featured in Dustin Hoffmans film, 'the Graduate'). Alfa Romeo represents to me the heart of Italian motoring. After all ex ambulance driver Enzo Ferrari began his career racing for the Alfa Racing team in the post WW1 era.

2. San Francisco. The city by the bay was good to me and allowed me to cultivate my love of cars from many angles (driving, restoring, photographing and bonding over) . This relates to point 1 where Hoffman is seen buzzing across the Golden Gate bridge in the Red Spider.

3. My favorite car of all time is Felice Trossis 1930 MB SSK (my avatar). It happens to resemble to my eyes a Squid emitting a trail of black ink...see more on this car - --
Mercedes-Benz 710 SSK Trossi Roadster - Supercars.net

There you have it...happy motoring!
Old 4th September 2010, 09:07   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Tbhp. You will definitely enjoy the discussions in here, even get addicted to this site. But whats wrong as long as its no harm but do good.
Hope to see you contribute your stories too.
Cheers
Old 7th September 2010, 23:03   #5

Thanks Visaster! I like your username. The breadth of coverage in TBHP is immense - everything from 4x4 adventures, performance, to all India travel - its all here and a feeling of camaraderie - its all a forum should be! Good to be here.
Old 7th September 2010, 23:23   #6
BHPian

Welcome mate. Am sure you will enjoy your stay here. Looking forward for your trip logs.
Old 8th September 2010, 01:32   #7
evo
BHPian

Welcome to our little world. I hope you are soon putting up a thread with your car photos from San Fran.

We generally use the term Bhpian, but I suppose thats ok.

Last edited by evo : 8th September 2010 at 01:49.
Old 8th September 2010, 09:19   #8
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidink View Post
I live in Singapore at the moment but hope to spend more and more time in Bangalore in the coming period for family and work. Hope to meet some of you as time permits.
Red carpet welcome to Team-BHP, Squidink. BTW, I was in Singapore on 5 Sep 2010 for 14 hours during transit on my way back from Melbourne to Bangalore.

Old 8th September 2010, 12:48   #9
NFS
BHPian

Welcome! squidInk to teambhp.

Nice story behind the ID.

All the best in sharing your views in this forum.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:28   #10

Hello Chetan, Evo, J Ravi and NFS!

Many thanks for your words of welcome.

Im still getting to know the site and the rules, so it might be a few weeks before I make a post.

In the meantime, Im using the site as a guide to motoring, India and motoring in India!

Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks