Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:03   #1
BHPian

Ahoy..onto the 6th gear now!

Hello to all those I envied until this moment,

Yes. I envied all the members, when my past 6 attempts did not get through and when I was confined to passive reading here. But finally got the pass yesterday and here I am. I am so happy since the moment I got the approval email, that I am pinching myself to believe its true and feel like driving my car in that non-existant 6th gear. Thank you Mods for the approval!
Well, about myself, I am 33 years old and hail originally from Coimbatore. After 10 years of “Life in a suitcase¨ (read overseas) in Singapore(5) and London(5), I moved back to Bengaluru this March´2010 onwards.
My passion for cars started at an age of 13, when I was given a chance to drive my parents' Fiat Padmini. It was love at first drive!. I still remember the hand gear (if I can call those gears that way) and how easy it was to just tap the gear from 3rd to 4th. My passion for cars deviated slightly as I approached college, towards Bikes, which I learnt later after learning to drive cars. For the next 4-5 years it was only bikes. My house was right opposite to my collegeś hostel entrance. During semester holidays, some of my friends who stayed in the hostel would leave their bikes at my home. Only if they agreed to handover their bike keys, I would let them park their bikes. Oh boy..I was spoilt for choice those days – Yezdi, RX100, KB100 etc apart from my own Samurai. The passion for bikes eroded once I moved overseas. I was more comfortable in a car during my subsequent trips to India.
My parents @coimbatore now own a M800 for the last 7 years. In Bengaluru, I drive around in my in-lawś Esteem.
I stumbled upon team-bhp last year when I was doing some research on cars to buy in India. I was addicted to the site since then. Hats off to all the members and moderators for contributing to this fantastic forum.
About my own car, I dont have one yet and am eagerly awaiting the day, when my Vento Diesel Highline would be delivered. Thanks to GTO for his excellent review that I was convinced it would be my next car..(although the final cheque would be after my TD). Before Vento, I was looking at Dzire (booked, almost delivered, cancelled) and Linea (keep drooling at it even now). I would however save the details for my initial ownership thread.
Having obtained this coveted membership, my next steps are:

1. My office is in Electronic city and in my office car park, I have noticed couple of cars with team-bhp stickers. I would now try to contact the two members.
  2. I eagerly look forward to the next meet at Bengaluru or Coimbatore.

Happy vrrooming,
-Sree.

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd September 2010 at 08:54. Reason: Removing external tags
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:28   #2
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP.

Vento is a great choice. No wonder it has attracted you so much that even your TBHP handle has its name.
Happy reading, and Drive Safe.

I guess atleast 3/4th of our members(incl myself) started their driving in Premier Padmini. That's one wonderful car which has contributed so much to indian car market.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 3rd September 2010 at 09:32.
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to this wonderful forum ventoman.

To begin with, please let us know why did you choose Vento.Which cars did you Test Drive and all that.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ar-thread.html
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:44   #4
BHPian

Thanks!

@ch.nathan: Thanks. Yes, I am greatly attached to Vento by now and can't wait to get my hands onto it.

@Silverwood: Thanks.
Below are the list of vehicles I TD before going in for Vento (which is not yet been TD)

1) Swift Dzire - ZDI DDiS
2) Fiat Linea Emotion PK - Diesel
3) Fiat Punto Emotion PK - Diesel
4) Hyundai Verna CrDi - MT and AT
5) Toyota Innova
6) ANHC
7) VW Polo TDi
8) Hyundai i20 CrDi
9) Tata Manza Aura Quadrajet

after all these Vento came into picture!

I would like to share the details of each of these TDs and the reason for going into Vento, as part of my ownership thread. I hope to start that thread asap.

Regards,
-Sree.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks