Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:19   #1
BANNED

Hello from a newcomer

Greetings Team-BHPians

I have long been an occasional lurker on this forum and an admirer for the wealth of advice and experience shown by the good folks here. I desperately needed advice for my first car purchase and subsequent modifications hence finally decided to join the community and participate.

My hobbies include visiting and photographing temple ruins of archeological interest especially ones that are not actively worshipped. I hope to put my new car to good use for this purpose. I have a Lumix LX3 for its f/2.0 lens and Canon S5IS for its 350mm zoom and closeups. I had decided not to spend 30K on body and another 70K on lenses hence the choices. Therefore do not expect DSLR quality snaps from me on my trip reports to the ruins.

Other hobbies are Indian History (lots of speed-read books and poor memory recall however, I am afraid). I have also done some solo backpacking in Sikkim and Himachal for a few months, in the past.

I have already decided what my first car is going to be and it is just a matter of a weeks time before I book it. I will post as a continuation of an existing thread and copy a link here as it is best to leave the introductions section for .......... Introductions!

Lest I forget I am here because I am impressed with all you folks who have made this forum such a trustworthy, reliable and dependable source of everything Auto-and-mobile As a first time buyer and owner I will not have the experience or Gyaan to advise any of you, but hopefully other first timers will get some useful and current information on my purchasing experience.

Thanks and Cheers
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:31   #2
BHPian

Welcome newcomer! I'm older by few minutes!!
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Rahul. That's a nice camera you've there, I mean the S5IS. As another proud owner, I understand how practical is it to own such a good camera that provides the best of all worlds. BTW, I hope you're using enelope or sanyo rechargable batteries.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:31   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Welcome aboard Rahul. That's a nice camera you've there, I mean the S5IS. As another proud owner, I understand how practical is it to own such a good camera that provides the best of all worlds. BTW, I hope you're using enelope or sanyo rechargable batteries.
I found out about eneloop after I made my first rechargeable purchase of Camelion . Then I needed another charger that works in 8hrs and had to buy 4 GP batteries with the kit. I also got 2 Fuji batteries.

Next time its Eneloop Sanyo yes.

I only use 2700mAH and above.

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:39   #5
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th September 2010 at 12:35.
Old 24th September 2010, 02:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
My mother told me to stay away from people like you but (a distant ) Hi there anyways ... she also told me not to share my lunchbox with you ...

Cheers
There is one more thing you won't like - I have used only Nikon cameras all my life. Currently using a D40 with my beloved 18-200 VR lens.
Old 24th September 2010, 07:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ragul, Welcome to T-BHP.

It's great to hear that you're very much interested in photography. Yes,I'm looking forward to see your pictures in the Photography threads in the 'Shifting Gears' section.

Please do share your experiences about your frequent visits to ancient temples and all.

And, do have a look at the forum rules.

Have Fun

Amith
Old 24th September 2010, 08:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ragul,

Welcome to the BHP family. This is one stop place for all your interest be in photography, travellogues or for cars.

BTW which car do you own. Looking at the Camera model, I guess the car too would be an exotic one.

Enjoy your stay here. Do read the rules for posting.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:37   #9
J.Ravi

Red carpet welcome to Team-BHP, Ragul and troublemaker. Happy and safe motoring in your respective vehicles.

Old 24th September 2010, 13:12   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Ragul,

Welcome to the BHP family. This is one stop place for all your interest be in photography, travellogues or for cars.

BTW which car do you own. Looking at the Camera model, I guess the car too would be an exotic one.

Enjoy your stay here. Do read the rules for posting.
Thanks All. As I mentioned, I am going to buy my first car soon. Right now the "exotic" car is made from thin air.

Cheers
Old 24th September 2010, 13:58   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Hello Mods
I was only acknowledging a greeting from a fellow member although with some attempt at humor in it. I thought such courtesy's would not count towards an infraction.

But point noted.

Thanks.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks