Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Tried to Get Here Twice.

Hi fellow BHPians.
There's a very simple way to tell you guys how badly I wanted to be here.
I got rejected the first time. So I tried once more.
Very simply put, that is the first time in my life of 21 years that I faced a rejection, and then tried again. TBHP has already taught me a valuable lesson.
I'm glad to be here. It may not be evident from the fact that I'm introducing myself about 5 months after joining. The fact is I wanted to e completely sure of writing what I wanted.
I'm a Chemical Engineer by profession, currently working in Mumbai (Bombay, as I prefer to call it).
After reading a lot of threads based on long drives, I got inspired. And I made it a point to drive down from Bangalore to Mumbai. Not a big feat, as per many, I'm sure. But a guy on a Maruti 800 (SS80 as I like to call her), 1003 kms, 14hrs, is not something I ever thought would be possible.
I'm happy I went ahead, and actually did it. Against my parent's wishes! Eventually, though, they were supportive.
Not that it's vital to be said here, but I got a brake booster installed on my SS80 for the long ride, and, to say the least, it was critical to managing the long drive here.
TO just give you guys an idea of how crazy I am about cars, as a kid I remember lying on the bed, night after night, and just practicing how to changing gears, pedal on bed (or on matteress technically!). It was all pretty much based on what I say my dad doing, when he used to drive (minus the pedal to metal action!!). Oh, and it was all done with detailed sound effects!

Anyhow. There's a lot more. But I'll talk about all other things automotive in my life later. Great to be here. A pleasent surprise to see such a huge number of people way more crazy than I am.

Cheers guys.
Old 14th October 2010, 09:29   #2
BANNED

Welcome Samarth, I am sure you will find the forum very useful for relishing your auto dreams. In fact you are lucky to get in the second try as I have seen a lot try many more times than that!
Old 27th October 2010, 15:46   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum Samarth.

Just one query, why do you call your 2005 M800 an SS80. Just cusious because the ss80 was the manufacturer code for the First Gen Maruti 800/ Suzuki Mark2 alto.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Welcome to the Forum Samarth.

Just one query, why do you call your 2005 M800 an SS80. Just cusious because the ss80 was the manufacturer code for the First Gen Maruti 800/ Suzuki Mark2 alto.

Suresh,

I call it the SS80 for Love for the original vehicle
I realize that technically it's a little far from the truth, but the Best Selling, or should I say, the longest selling car in India happens to share it's DNA with the SS80 after all!
Just using the family name!
Old 30th October 2010, 14:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Suresh,

I call it the SS80 for Love for the original vehicle
I realize that technically it's a little far from the truth, but the Best Selling, or should I say, the longest selling car in India happens to share it's DNA with the SS80 after all!
Just using the family name!
I appreciate your love for ss80.then why dont you get hold of one nice specimen??
Old 30th October 2010, 15:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
I appreciate your love for ss80.then why dont you get hold of one nice specimen??
That is on the cards, to say the least.
I've seen a thread on TBHP which was really appreciable.
It dealt with bringing an SS80 to its original, and better, state.
That was a huge encouragement to me.
I will definitely go in for one, for the moment, this is my baby.
I do have loads of plans for this. But unfortunately haven't been able to follow up on them. That is priority for now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks