Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 00:12   #1
BHPian

Hello from the UK

Hi fellow enthusiasts

I have been a visitor to your wonderful forum for a number of years now and have today been accepted as a member. I must say I'm really pleased and can't wait to start getting involved with this fine motoring community.

A bit about me: I'm 43 and live in Scarborough which is a well-known seaside town in North Yorkshire, England. I'm a professional Youth & Community Worker working with teenagers involved in, or at risk of involvement with, offending behaviour. I'm married to a fellow petrol head - yes, I'm a lucky man as my wife shares my passion and enthusiasm for vehicles in a big way and owns 3 Lambretta scooters of her own.

A bit about my interest in Indian motoring. I got my first scooter (a Vespa) on my 16th birthday in 1983. Since that time I have owned many interesting cars, motorcycles and scooters from all over the world. I have always had a particular fondness for Indian motorcycles and scooters however. In my time I have owned the following Indian-made vehicles; 1991 Enfield Bullet 500, 5 Indian built Vijay scooters, 1 API Lamby 150 scooter, 2 API Lamby 125 scooters. My current Indian made vehicles are a 1979 SIL Vijay, a 1983 API Lamby 150 and a 1983 Kelvinator Avanti 150. I am also lucky to have a friend local to me who owns a Hindustan Ambassador - a VERY rare sight in the UK - a vehicle that I much admire and envy him owning.

Over the coming weeks and months I am very much looking forward to making many new friends within the Indian vehicle community and to learning so much more about your country's fascinating and unique motoring heritage and contemporary scene.

Kind Regards

Ed
Old 15th October 2010, 00:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hello Ed

You have really been through a lot of Indian two wheelers. I'm a big fan of the Vespas too. Friendly moderator Rudra has an immaculate Hindustan Ambassador. Look up his ownership report thread to read more.

Take a stop by the Rules section to understand the forum posting protocol.

Welcome aboard. See you around.
Old 15th October 2010, 00:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Hello Ed

You have really been through a lot of Indian two wheelers. I'm a big fan of the Vespas too. Friendly moderator Rudra has an immaculate Hindustan Ambassador. Look up his ownership report thread to read more.

Take a stop by the Rules section to understand the forum posting protocol.

Welcome aboard. See you around.
Thank you for the welcome Dippy. I will look at the thread you suggest - it sounds very interesting. I have read the rules section several times now - I am very keen to get off to a good start on here

Kind Regards
Ed
Old 15th October 2010, 00:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
following Indian-made vehicles; 1991 Enfield Bullet 500, 5 Indian built Vijay scooters, 1 API Lamby 150 scooter, 2 API Lamby 125 scooters.
Did you mean Lamby Mac175 ? May be my ignorance I have not come across 125cc Lambys.

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th October 2010 at 00:41.
Old 15th October 2010, 00:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Did you mean Lamby Mac175 ? May be my ignorance I have not come across 125cc Lambys.
Hi Rajeev

No mistake, but I understand your query as I always understood that API never made a 125cc model until I owned the only 2 Lamby 125cc models I've ever seen. I'm very familiar too with the Mac 175.

The 125cc Lamby's were even marked 'Lamby 125' on the Vehicle Identification Plates and were originally imported from the factory to Switzerland to the European importer of SIL/API products based there. For whatever reason they were not sold and ended up being imported to a dealer in the UK. I cannot tell you more than that. I can only summise that they were a tester for the Italian market - they have financial inducements that encourage the use of motorcycles/scooters under 125cc in that country.

Kind Regards
Ed
Old 15th October 2010, 02:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ed
That is some information. Thanks
can you post some pics.

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th October 2010 at 02:04.
Old 15th October 2010, 02:52   #7

Hello Mate. Glad to see someone else from the UK here. Ive recently moved to Kingston upon Thames (Surrey)
Old 16th October 2010, 14:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Hi Ed
That is some information. Thanks
can you post some pics.
Hi Rajeev

Sorry, but I do not have any photos. I can however, tell you the following; Both were manufactured in 1986 and were painted in the battleship grey colour on all body panels. Apart from the engine capacity and VIN plate they were identical to the Lamby 150 model.

Refards
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Hello Mate. Glad to see someone else from the UK here. Ive recently moved to Kingston upon Thames (Surrey)
Thanks for the welcome Cyrus

Regards
Ed

Last edited by Eddy : 16th October 2010 at 14:40. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks