Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 10:54   #1
BHPian

Hello from a returning Indian!

Hello everyone,

I have been visiting T-BHP regularly for last 6-8 months. I have been in the US for the past decade and am relocating to Pune in next couple of months. While researching on cars and SUVs in India I came to know about T-BHP and have been hooked ever since. I hope to be a regular contributor and share thoughts and ideas with fellow members.

I currently own a BMW X5 4.4i that unfortunately I will have to sell as I can't bring it to India with me. Makes me very sad to part with my beloved X5. I have been talking to a prospective buyer and most likely I will sell it to him this weekend. I won't be able to afford, rather won't be willing to shell out whopping amounts of money in India to buy premium SUVs or cars. So my plan is to stick to something in the 15-20 lakh rupees range.

I have been contemplating about Fortuner or Captiva so far... let's see which one I like better once I take test drives! Cheers!
Old 15th October 2010, 11:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dear mrsherlock,

Welcome to TEAM-BHP.

X5 is a wonderful crossover to drive.You could also test drive Mitsubishi Outlander, which is again a crossover based on Lancer platform.
Old 15th October 2010, 11:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP and back to India.

When I moved back to India nearly 7 years back, I switched from Acura 3.2TL to Santro AT. I am sure you will fare much better than me. Now there are automatic options in SUVs too, like Captiva and Endeavour.
Old 15th October 2010, 20:53   #4
BHPian

Thanks Silverwood and Samurai! Yeah hopefully I will find a vehicle that suits my taste and give me driving pleasure for years.

Samurai - it's good to know that I am not the only one going thru this phase. I am sure there are hundreds like me. But I am not complaining

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks