Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:56   #1
BHPian

Howdie :)

Heyya folks,

Came across this wonderful treasure house a few weeks ago and thought i'd just come over and introduce myself.

My automotive ownership experience began at the beginning of the decade when i became the proud owner of the favorite post-liberalization first car - the Maruti 800. I got real lucky in getting this baby home. The guy who was originally supposed to buy it from the previous owner, backed out at the last minute. Thus began my affair with the 5-speed coil sprung marvel.

The better half decided that she too needed her own set of wheels. So, the 800 went on to her and i upgraded to a pre-owned Honda City thinking that it'd be better than a brand new Hyundai Accent or the Tata Indigo. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a lemon and i managed to sell it off a few months ago and sought solace in the ownership of a bigger home.

However, being at the mercy of the radio-cab companies is turning out to be a frustrating experience and i'm looking to being at the wheel of a great ride somewhere by mid-next year.

So that's it for now folks, thank you for you patience and time. See you around,

Kartik
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Krishnan View Post
Unfortunately, it turned out to be a lemon and i managed to sell it off a few months ago and sought solace in the ownership of a bigger home.
Wow, that must have been one heck of a sale Kartik. Selling a Honda City and buying a new home

Heh heh, just kidding bro and sorry to hear you got a lemon.

Welcome to the team. I am sure you will have all your questions answered and all your doubts clarified. Just start browsing the "what car" thread and you will find lots of other bhpians with the same dilemma.

Have fun and enjoy.

Cheers !
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wow, that must have been one heck of a sale Kartik. Selling a Honda City and buying a new home

Heh heh, just kidding bro and sorry to hear you got a lemon.

Welcome to the team. I am sure you will have all your questions answered and all your doubts clarified. Just start browsing the "what car" thread and you will find lots of other bhpians with the same dilemma.

Have fun and enjoy.

Cheers !

Believe me, I am going to feel the repercussions of the double expense (loss from sale of car+purchase differential for new home).

Thanks for the warm welcome. I now have a wonderful distraction at work

Take care bro, hope to catch you around.

Kartik
Closed Thread

Most Viewed