Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2005, 00:55   #1
BHPian

Greetings to all bhpians

Dear BHPians
I am new to this Forum. Quite impressed with the bandwidth of discussions here and info that is shared.
I am a PIO from Switzerland based in Zurich and come from Semiconductors business. I am 52 years old and come to India regularly. That's when I take some time out into the country in a Maruti Gypsy. Have been doing it since the first Gypsy hit the market. My hobbies are Off-road adventure, Wildlife, Video and Photography, Music and Computers. Look forward to sharing this forum with you all.
Greetings from Zurich
Old 15th December 2005, 01:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp, ajay.

Nice hobbies,u've got.
Old 15th December 2005, 04:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey ajay

great to have you on the forum.enjoy your stay here.

Rev
Old 15th December 2005, 07:27   #4
BHPian

Hi Ajay...welcome to to the Team...hope you have a great stay on Team BHP.
Old 15th December 2005, 08:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hello Uncle ,
Welcome to Team-BHP.
Enjoy ur stay!
Old 15th December 2005, 10:33   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Ajay, Welcome to the Team! Your hobbies match that of a load of BHPians here, and am certain there will be some interesting discussions.

Do you get the chance to off-road in Swiss?

GTO
Old 15th December 2005, 10:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ajay - Welkome to the gang !
Old 15th December 2005, 12:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Ajay, good to see another guy from the semiconductor domain!
Old 15th December 2005, 19:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Ajay,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Old 15th December 2005, 19:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ajay welcome to the team, great to have you here.
Old 16th December 2005, 22:10   #11
BHPian

You guys make me feel so young... and u r fast. I am honoured with your welcome and happy to know u all in this forum. Yesterday, I read hundreds of mails in this forum and its amazing to see how much you all contribute to this forum.
Here is some more on myself.
I originally come from Delhi but migrated to Switzerland in 1985. I had a custom-built Lancia Coupe 1.8L with Turbo. Lancia produced only few hundred of that particular series. The engine and Turbo were overpowered for the size of this car (size slightly bigger than Zen), so further production was stopped. But what a pick-up and speed (max 240km for that little thing). Unfortunately (rather fortunately), in Switzerland speedlimits are not so high like in Germany (no limits on Highways), so could only try it in bursts. Sold it two years later and bought a Fiat Punto 5-doors as for the amount of driving that I did, the Lancia Turbo wouldn't even get warm enough. I am sure that some of you would have loved that car. Actually, I loved it too. Now I sold that Punto as well. Public transport here is extremely punctual and we can time ourselves almost to the minute. Haven't done any off-roading in Europe. Here I love to do trekking in the mountains. Frankly, I prefer a mixture of off-roading and real adventure. And that I get only in a Jungle... raw and wild nature!! In Switzerland, Off-roading could turn out to be very expensive. German Off-Road Clubs are extremly advanced in technics and lovely stuff available for Off-roaders. It's such a vast area of knowledge and info.
Me...I am basically a Wildlifer, nature lover and off-roader. Although have tried Land Rover but for Wildlife in the narrow Indian jungle roads, nothing fits except Gypsy or the good old CJ. Remarkable vehicle this Gypsy. Have driven in practically all conditions besides with snow-chains. Fantastic reliability comfort especially when you are chased by wild elephants in off-road conditions. The 1600kg HT petrol ver is just light and quiet enough in jungle. I now plan to buy the newer MPFI version HT with A/C next year. Intend to cover a portion of cross-India for few months next year. I use GPS (Garmin MAP60CS) extensively in India. I have few questions on Gypsy which I will raise on a separate thread and hope for your suggestions.
My other hobbies are Video/photography (Wildlife). Have a Canon XL1 with EF adapter. For photography have Canon 350D with extra EF lens 100-400 Pro L-series which I can interchange between 350D and XL1 (Video factor 7.2) to get 2800mm lens for Wildlife. Use Adobe Premiere and PS CS for editing. I love Indian classical music and old Hindi Film music. Very active in PC and Internet to remain informed.
I saw the threads from Rudra and the pics. Really beutiful pics. Photoshop very nicely used. And thanks to GTO, nitrous, revtech, nishant, karthik (uncle), normally crazy, tsk1979, lambo, sridhar. Infact, everybody to make such success of this forum. Keep going !!
Old 16th December 2005, 22:32   #12
BHPian

Wish!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Narayan
You guys make me feel so young... and u r fast. I am honoured with your welcome and happy to know u all in this forum. .... I had a custom-built Lancia Coupe 1.8L with Turbo. Lancia produced only few hundred of that particular series. The engine and Turbo were overpowered for the size of this car (size slightly bigger than Zen), so further production was stopped. But what a pick-up and speed (max 240km for that little thing). Unfortunately (rather fortunately), in Switzerland speedlimits are not so high like in Germany (no limits on Highways), so could only try it in bursts. Sold it two years later and bought a Fiat Punto 5-doors as for the amount of driving that I did, the Lancia Turbo wouldn't even get warm enough. I am sure that some of you would have loved that car. .................I saw the threads from Rudra and the pics. Really beutiful pics. Photoshop very nicely used. And thanks to GTO, nitrous, revtech, nishant, karthik (uncle), normally crazy, tsk1979, lambo, sridhar. Infact, everybody to make such success of this forum. Keep going !!
Wow!!!
I wish I has few amazing experience jst like the way did through my life.... Having a limited edition lancia wont be a possiblility i know but something close will do... And Punto is pretty good too... I am satisfying myself by driving a Punto in Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Hope you have wonderfull time here...
Good luck...
Old 16th December 2005, 23:22   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Narayan
I saw the threads from Rudra and the pics. Really beutiful pics. Photoshop very nicely used.
Which of my photograph you find with nicely used Photoshop?
A small correction if I may make. I don't use use Photoshop to tinker my picture. YES, I do it full time for my clients and for reproduction.
Old 16th December 2005, 23:46   #14
BHPian

Hi Rudra
DIGITAL.. Where I live and SET2DIGITAL series are really nice. If you haven't used PS there, then that's remarkably good photography. I say that because my youger brother is a leading fashion photographer from Delhi and I understand a bit of good photography. But my domain is limited to Wildlife Video and Photography.
Old 17th December 2005, 00:01   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hey, they're mostly digital and created on my MAC.
I didn't mean those but my photographs.

More to come within a month time after my trip to Himachal next month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks